Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2225

Thread: What are you watching

Thanks
    Totally agree, AC. Well worthwhile and a further example of his versatility.
    The day after we watched it the Times Radio had a reviewer praising the film who and made the observation - When has a film starring Tom Hanks not been worth watching?

Thanks
    I’ve just watched Mama Mia here we go again purely because it had Cher in it. I saw a documentary about her a few weeks ago which made me remember what a good actress she is. Unfortunately she was only in it for the last quarter of an hour which means I had to sit through the rest of it but she certainly exuded star quality. I wouldn’t advise anyone else to sit through it though. Currently watching a rather sweet Swedish film on BBC4 about a lady who coaches a children’s football team. Which is worth watching thus far.

Thanks
    Forensics: The Real CSI - BBC Two - last night's episode about the lengths to try and find some physical evidence to back up very solid eye witness accounts of the fatal stabbing of a 15 year old by three others 'youths', for no apparent reason. Absolutely heartbreaking.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to G-G For This Useful Post:

moe (18th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Informer.

BBC

Very good
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Fifty Shades of Grey. ( don’t judge me, just turned the tv on and it was on from where I watched home and away earlier!)

Just as shite as the book was ( that I only made it to page 10 of before giving up!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Forensics: The Real CSI - BBC Two - last night's episode about the lengths to try and find some physical evidence to back up very solid eye witness accounts of the fatal stabbing of a 15 year old by three others 'youths', for no apparent reason. Absolutely heartbreaking.
    That really ties in with watching The Serpent and The Investigation too. I’ll check it out.

Thanks
    Watched the last 2 episodes of The Investigation last night: the determination of the divers was absolutely heart rendering. Bless all of them.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very few new movies surfacing I had a rush of blood to the head and watched Lethal Weapon and 2 and 3 and 4....tbh thoroughly enjoyed..........
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Just binge watched the last three episodes. Glad I stuck with it. Was thinking that The Killing made the BBC up their game when it came to crime drama. T hink I need something a bit easier now eg Horrible Histories.
    You got my interets have just got a hold of season 1 will have a look
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    45 years on from it's release, I finally got round to watching All The President's Men. It probably helped if you lived through the events but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Netflix: Pretend It's A City. Compelling and odd in equal doses. Stay with it....
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    45 years on from it's release, I finally got round to watching All The President's Men. It probably helped if you lived through the events but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    One of my favourite films.

Believe it or not, the first time I saw it was in 1977 in Bordeaux when I worked there!

Glad you enjoyed it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I really liked that film. Watching it very recently really shows how much Hoffman matured as an actor from this, Redford beats him pants down here. Also have read that he was an utter pain in the a*** even back then! I was too young when it all happened to have any interest/know what was going on, but caught up when I was older and read the book the film is based on, which is well worth a read.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Series 4 of Unforgotten started last night. If you haven't seen any of the others, catch up. Series 3 in particular is spectacular, the acting is off the scale from a fabulous cast, and trying not to give it away, the performance of the actor playing the guilty party is absolutely spine chilling.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thank you G-G

By coincidence a couple of days ago I decided to give Netflix a go and was wondering what to watch on it, so with your prompting and having not watched it before have begun my delve into this new world with Unforgotten starting Series 1. Looks very promising

Thanks
    Blitz Spirit. BBC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Thank you G-G

By coincidence a couple of days ago I decided to give Netflix a go and was wondering what to watch on it, so with your prompting and having not watched it before have begun my delve into this new world with Unforgotten starting Series 1. Looks very promising
    It's brilliant stuff, Nicola Walker really is one of our best actors. If not caught up with Scott & Bailey, go for that as well, she appears in one of the series. Also has the fabulous Amelia Bullmore as Godzilla the boss!
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am getting to the stage where the lack of new decent movies has me wondering if a movie about a squirell with superpowers is worth watching....
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Watched Silk Road the other evening, apparenly based on a true story and, to a non-techy like me, it was an eye-opening look inside what's occuring on the Darknet and some of the strokes pulled with Bitcoin. Highly recommended and particularly educational, in my case.

Thanks
    I'm having the summer off work this year so I've been watching a lot of Netflix.

Films:
    Everest 7/10.. Based on the true story of a disaster on the mountain in 1996. Good cast.
    Spenser Confidential 7/10. Silly but I like Mark Wahlberg and Boston is a great backdrop for a film. The Town the best example of this.
    Red Dragon 7/10. Prequel to Silence of the Lambs. Nowhere near as good but Hopkins is excellent
    6 Underground 7/10. Similar to Spenser in that it's a silly action flick with a good lead. Enjoyable.
    The Sweeney 3/10. Ray Winstone is no John Thaw. Awful
    News of the World 8/10. Really good. Hanks is excellent as ever.
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 6/10. Not amongst the best Coen bros films but not bad. Loved Tom Waits in one of the stories.
    The Irishman 8/10. You cannot go wrong with a cast this strong. The computer stuff they employed to try and make De Niro et al look 30 again was off though.
    The Dirt 8/10. I saw Motley Crue live in 1986, they were immense. I don't think you have to love the band to like this though.

TV
    White House Farm 8/10. Maybe an episode too long but very good
    Justified 9/10. Still to watch the last season but this is in my top 10 all time for tv, lower end of the list.
    Schitt's Creek 6/10. First couple of seasons (6 in all) were fun but it struggles the last couple.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

granger (27th February 2021)