Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2225

Thread: What are you watching

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    And apparently he is a democrat in real life!
    Yes a staunch one at that!!

Last night/early hours of today on Sky arts, which is Freeview 11 in my limited channels: a documentary about Robin Williams from 2018. So, so funny, so sad. I very rarely laugh out loud at 'comedy' but some of last nights was really funny. Some out takes from Mork and Mindy/Mrs Doubtfire, his non acceptance speech when he didn't win on behalf of Jack Nicholson....worth the lack of sleep.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Yes I have!! Thank you I am on most of the casts' twitter accounts. The spats between Joshua Malina and Bradley Whitford are really funny. Lots of tweets asking if can see the upcoming WW reunion somehow in the UK.

I have gone back to re watching series 2/3 ( don't like Mandy in the first series, don't like Amy either if honest but....) , last night was 'tapor...I KNOW what it means'
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    The strange thing about Amy is her muttering her lines as if behind clenched teeth. I've seen the actress MLP in other things and she doesn't do it. I presume she's either been directed to do it or she's met a WH aide who spoke that way and decided to copy it. She's always been the only negative in the entire series for me.

Strange, though, how so few of the cast ever made it big subsequently in anything else.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Goliath. I like Billy Bob and it is above average but far from must watch
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    The strange thing about Amy is her muttering her lines as if behind clenched teeth. I've seen the actress MLP in other things and she doesn't do it. I presume she's either been directed to do it or she's met a WH aide who spoke that way and decided to copy it. She's always been the only negative in the entire series for me.

Strange, though, how so few of the cast ever made it big subsequently in anything else.
    Bradley Whitford has been in constant work: Janel Moloney went back to a lot of theatre work ( and had 2 children), Joshua Malina has been in a lot of tele; Richard Schiff does a lot of theatre: Alison Janney won an Oscar aside from anything else, huge sit com hit in the US as well; Martin Sheen is just...awesome and was before: Rob Lowe not so much but he's Rob Lowe....usual stuff from a series like that really I guess. Love watching them, always something new to pick up on.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    On Sky Arts, free channel 11 last night was great programme about Jerry Lewis. I used to love him when I was little, thought he was so funny. Well worth a watch if you can catch it. A lot of depth to him which didn't know about previously.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    edit wrong thread
    Last edited by Marb; 18th December 2020 at 8:07 PM.

Thanks
    Hidden both series, Iplayer, in Welsh subtitles in parts but very good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    On Sky Arts, free channel 11 last night was great programme about Jerry Lewis. I used to love him when I was little, thought he was so funny. Well worth a watch if you can catch it. A lot of depth to him which didn't know about previously.
    I watched it. He was obviously no mug and I found his sadness about Dean Martin quite touching. I had known they fell out and never spoke again but he clearly missed his ex-partner a great deal.

I had no idea about how popular he was in France. Then again, Norman Wisdom is an icon in Albania!

I presume moe meant to put her post about The Night Manager on this thread. I thought it was very good first time round but was reluctant to watch it again as I don't like gratuitous violence. Hugh Laurie once again excelled as the villain. Hard to reconcile his characterisation of the baddie with his Bertie Wooster!

I was actually just coming on to the thread to mention my Christmas viewing. I'm working my way through my Christmas DVDs.

First up, as it is every year, was The Bishop's Wife (David Niven, Loretta Young, Cary Grant) as it's just a gem that gets me in the mood.

Then it was Going My Way (Bing Crosby and Barry FitzGerald) which I just love.

Then it was Sleepless In Seattle. I just love Nora Ephron films.

Tonight it was Die Hard. Not your typical Christmas film but terrific entertainment set at this time of year.

Next, I plan to watch The Holly and the Ivy, if I can find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime, which I don't recall seeing before but probably have. It was recommended to me by a good judge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

G-G (21st December 2020)

Thanks
    Yes, it was meant to be on here! I don’t usually mind violence having watched so many scandi noirs and Game of Thrones but I was really scared watching The Night Manager. I’ve still never seen Die Hard but have wanted to ever since watching Mark Kermodes programme about Christmas films. I don’t seem to be watching any DVD’s at the moment as I’ve taken to going for walks in the late evening. It started when I wanted to avoid walking past other people but even though the village is pretty deserted at the moment I can’t get out of the habit. And I can’t watch anything spooky as my route takes me past a very spooky castle.

Thanks
    Finally got to see most of Forrest Gump: missed the first 20 minutes. Realised I’d never seen it before. That’s filled a gap in my education.

Thanks
    Finally got to see most of Forrest Gump: missed the first 20 minutes. Realised I’d never seen it before. That’s filled a gap in my education.

Thanks
    Watched it for the first time in years this evening.

I wouldn't say I'd forgotten how good it was but it must rank among the best films ever made.

Thanks
    I don’t think Tom Hanks has ever made a bad film. I’ve ordered A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood from the Tesco delivery man. What shocked me last night was how young he looked in the film. But then everybody looks young to me these days! Carrie came on after Forrest Gump: I quickly changed channel. Glad I didn’t nod off and wake up to that!

Thanks
    Just binge watched Chernobyl. Hadn’t realised it was the most watched series of all time but I can see why. Perhaps not the best thing to watch in the middle of a pandemic as I kept thinking of us disinfecting all of our Tesco’s delivery and using the garage as a decontamination room for parcels.

Thanks
    Just finished The Serpent, very good.

Thanks
    Best thing I've watched in the last few years is Hamilton: An American Musical.

Can't remember when I've been entertained more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    He was one nasty bar steward.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to frontrunner For This Useful Post:

tiggers1972 (12th January 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Finished it last night. Wholeheartedly recommend, An almost unbelievable true story given credibility by some superb scripting and excellent underplayed acting.