Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2225

Thread: What are you watching

Thanks
    I guess the new David Copperfield film was a bit like 'Dickensian' but for some reason I didn't enjoy that very much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    I loved it! Especially the donkeys!
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Banned
    Thanks
    Donkeys are lovely Wish I had the land to have a couple of them, and it would have to be at least two, as it would be unkind to have a solitary one.

Banned
    Thanks
    Great documentary was on earlier about the Boomtown Rats. Brought back some memories, but also reminded me of how quickly time is passing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Agree re donkeys not living on their own. But not with horses as they can carry lungworm. One yard I worked, a horse came back in from a break at its owners farm with a hacking cough. Vet diagnosed lungworm and asked it had been grazing with donkeys. It’s lungs never really recovered.
    Last edited by jinnyj; 24th May 2020 at 9:36 AM.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Wolf (24th May 2020)

Thanks
    I had to google donkeys recently as it dawned on me that there weren't wild donkeys so I needed to work out where they actually originated from. I've loved them ever since my primary school had a donkey for it's Easter church service. I grew up in a very poor part of Birmingham and the only equine we ever saw was the rag and bone man's pony so to arrive at school one day to find a donkey stabled in the cloakroom was pure magic.

Thanks
    Binge watching Normal People. Have just heard of the death of a friend who lived in Ireland. We always used to stay with her when we went to Punchestown and although we hadn't been back there for many years I've been thinking a lot about the place recently. Lockdown seems to have resulted in me imagining myself to be in places that I love but can't visit and Ireland is top of the list. It also brings back painful memories of teenage angst and, as a dumpy teenager with sticky out ears my teenage years were probably more angst ridden than most. Bitter sweet little series.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    I had to google donkeys recently as it dawned on me that there weren't wild donkeys so I needed to work out where they actually originated from.
    Presumably you found out; but if not, they're descended from the African Wild Ass, which itself is an endangered species

I do wish folk wouldn't denigrate the noble Ass by using ass when they mean arse: a puritanical americanism I believe

Did you know that the name Wheatear, a familiar bird of British uplands with a white ass, is a corruption from the Middle English name meaning er...white arse

Thanks
    So should it be called Wheatrear?

Thanks
    The Big Match Revisited on ITV4: today Brighton v C Palace 1976, Alan Mullery v Terry Venables, the main match, proper tackles, no arguing with the ref, no falling over at at slightest contact and going for an Oscar but the second match on today... Leeds v Man Utd..oh joy... Docherty's team at their best, Stevie Coppell, Martin Buchan ( one of the greatest defenders EVER ), Pancho Pearson, Macari, Sammy Mc, Gerry Daly, Stuart Houston, Gordon Hill, Brian Greenhoff ( only got to play for England bless him 'cos along side Buchan who made him look better than he was) , Alex Stepney just hanging on in there at the end of his career, great great memories, my favourite United team, followed by George Best being sent off for 'dissent' playing for Fulham and Alec Stock, then manager of Fulham, telling Brian Moore how it was with no punches pulled.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    I do appreciate a beautiful garden.

Very impressed with that grassy

At home here, the veg garden is in full swing

Indoor strawberries are ready, carrots are up and the sweat pea pods are out
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Banned
    Thanks
    Jools was great tonight featuring an interview with Ellie Goulding picking her favourite performances on his show. Always liked her and her tunes and she came across as a really nice, humble person in this. Top TV. It's great the way that things can be slightly altered to fit in with the times we are going through now and come up with an even better way of showing things than the original.

Hope that makes sense as I've opened the second bottle of red now

Thanks
    Being watching the Quatermass mini series on Talking Pictures, I do like a bit of John Mills

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078129/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    The older I get the more in awe I am of John Mills as an actor.

He might have been in a few not-so-good films but he manages to steal just about every film he does appear in.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    The older I get the more in awe I am of John Mills as an actor.

He might have been in a few not-so-good films but he manages to steal just about every film he does appear in.
    Mills as Captain Scott is one the greatest films ever made. A master class in acting, with a very good supporting cast as well.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Murder In The Outback - documentary on Ch4 about Peter Falconio and Joanna Lees. She really doesn't come out of this very well at face value, but some of the alternatives being suggested to who did other than Murdoch did it are like something out of the X files, led by a former lawyer who was imprisoned for drug smuggling. For all the theories in the 3 parts so far , none of the defenders or Murdoch have got to the piece of evidence that convicted him. Interestingly in Australia no one can be convicted on DNA evidence alone, it has be backed up with something else. Not sure if that is just an Australian legal criteria?
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    The Salisbury Poisonings on BBC1: well worth a watch if haven't been. Very well told and presented.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    The Salisbury Poisonings on BBC1: well worth a watch if haven't been. Very well told and presented.
    Yeah I enjoyed that, the only negative was some of the "Wiltshire" accents.

Banned
    Thanks
    I've been watching.. Big Brother: Best Shows Ever on E4 Will admit that I loved BB when it started 20 years ago and did make money trading on the specials market on it, with the help of DJ Sunset who was a master at picking the chosen one at an early stage.

Got a bit bored with the civilian one after a while though, but never tired of the Zeleb version, which was much shorter and more interesting. Tonight's show featured Big Mac (RIP) having a right whinge about his diet coke, plus much more including Jackie Stallone, yeah Jackie.

Thanks
    Watched Ambulance last night only 'cos Barry Geraghty put up on his twitter that he was in it. Last year's Grand National meeting, the two ambulance ladies who took him away, no idea who he was and googled him afterwards.... cut then to Paul Townend in the back of an another ambulance... 'is this your first time here?' he was asked. Bless!
    Vote Alfie!!!!