Page 44 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching

Thanks
    Thursday is awesome as the narrator for Sarah and Duck. ( just thought I’d throw that in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    One of the few unmissable types of programs on the box. Great to catch up with the first batch tonight and looking forward to the next two. Then the long wait for the big 7-0, if God spares me.. and the director.
    Talk about emotionally draining....but what amazing people they've all turned out to be. If 'the will of the people' could make someone happy, Neil would be the happiest person in the world....and what about that awful posh kid turning out to be a thoroughly sound guy?

Banned
    Thanks
    Sadly one of them, Lynn, is the first to have died ; she seemed to be devoted to those kids who used her library. and Nicholas who seems like a good egg has got cancer. I thought he was very brave talking about it and he seems resigned to his fate . You are right about it being emotionally draining Moe, was gutted when it seemed that Neil was at last content and found himself a bride, only to be quickly informed that she'd left him. When he talked about her you could tell how gutted he was and him hoping that she would return - Don't think it's going to happen, Neil! Would love to meet Neil the most out of them all, with cheeky chappy Tony a close second. Will we see them at 70? And how many will have survived, not sure that I'll be around, but will try , and there must be a doubt about the director Michael Apted, he'll be 85 if he does manage the next one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    Yes, Moehat, the posh guy John struck me as the acceptable face of Conservatism. If he were running for PM on a manifesto based on what he was saying, I could see myself voting for him! I hated watching and listening to him through the early years but latterly he has been coming across as totally 'sound', as you put it.

(The cynic in me says it's easy to be generous when you have plenty, though. I got the impression people like Lynn would give until it hurt and then keep on giving. Bless her.)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm liking Peaky Blinders.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Sadly one of them, Lynn, is the first to have died ; she seemed to be devoted to those kids who used her library. and Nicholas who seems like a good egg has got cancer. I thought he was very brave talking about it and he seems resigned to his fate . You are right about it being emotionally draining Moe, was gutted when it seemed that Neil was at last content and found himself a bride, only to be quickly informed that she'd left him. When he talked about her you could tell how gutted he was and him hoping that she would return - Don't think it's going to happen, Neil! Would love to meet Neil the most out of them all, with cheeky chappy Tony a close second. Will we see them at 70? And how many will have survived, not sure that I'll be around, but will try , and there must be a doubt about the director Michael Apted, he'll be 85 if he does manage the next one.
    I'm not sure that Neil saying that the love of his life lives in Australia will help heal his broken marriage....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    I'm liking Peaky Blinders.
    My family on my dad's side live close to The Garrison; one of them played for the Garrison football team #claimtofame

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    I'm not sure that Neil saying that the love of his life lives in Australia will help heal his broken marriage....
    That occurred to me too at the time

Thanks
    I've really enjoyed Summer of Rockets. Have gone off Poliakoff stuff over the years but this is up with his best I think. I do keep thinking of the ERG though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Just watched Series 1 of this over the past week or so. Enjoyable enough but hardly the magnificent TV the hype said - probably getting additional plaudits for appealing to the #MeToo/LGBTQ movements. 7/10 from me.
    Just playing catch up with this, agree with your summary.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Jodie comer was excellent - Sandra Oh not so much. The story was the main bit that I felt let it down as it tested the boundaries of "suspension of disbelief" a bit too much for something with such a lofty reputation - don't mind so much that sort of thing if you're watching some pulp fiction.
    Jodie Comer was brilliant in series one but too many 'carry on' moments made the rest of it very irritating.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I don't mind them so long as they are well-written and engaging. Too many of them rely on fancy camera work or gratuitous sex/violence. I've got enough of that within my own four walls...

Endeavour - I saw the first three series on Netflix. Took me a while to get into it because I didn't find the lead character convincing but he's developed well into the part. Thursday steals it regularly. I've been avoiding it since then as I want to catch up with the episodes in order.

A lot of these shows I like because of the settings, the clothes and the old cars.

Maigret (Rowan Atkinson) is (imho) brilliant TV.
    Roger Allam is the reason I watch it, can't warm to Evans at all.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Billions dragged a bit this year but cracking finale
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wentworth's prison and gomorrah.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    The Looming Tower is very, very good.
    This got better and better. The last episode is so, so sad. I have ordered the book it is based on. The only disappointment is one of the main characters should have been tried for treason and they don't say what actually happened to her. I really hope she got some come-uppance.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Chernobyl was very good

Ill have to read a book on it to get more detail now
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    I'll never forget, at the time, not letting my children drink milk. Was ridiculed at playgroup for it. Then a while later it was announced that it was now safe to drink milk so felt totally justified....

Thanks
    I scoffed milk like a madman at the time. I blame it for the giraffes head growing out of my neck now.

Thanks
    I remember when I started my final full-time job (2001) finding the fourth-years a bunch of lunatics. I'd been in FE for the previous 14 years so was used to dealing with 16-75yos. I mentioned to the heidie that for a small school there seemed an unusually high number of behavioural issues with the group. He said, "You need to remember they are Chernobyl weans." I gave him a look. "Seriously," he said, "they're the generation born within a year of Chernobyl. They're affected. They can't help themselves. Just deal with them the best you can!"

Before adding...

"If you think they're bad now, wait until the next full moon..."

He wasn't kidding.

I did ask around my contacts in a lot of schools and most of them agreed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Chernobyl was very good
    I was talking to a colleague who lived nearby at the time. He said the programme was so full of errors he could count them on nine fingers of one hand.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."