Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2225

Thread: What are you watching

Thanks
    Got motion sickness from Claire Danes shaking her head so much with every utterance.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts

Oh and and looking forward to the second series of Race Across The World (was tempted to apply but couldn’t find anyone mental enough to join me!). Anyway when I was flying out to Marrakesh last September, we sat next to a girl who admitted she was going to be a contestant. And watching the trailer, there she is! She’s doing it with her brother as they grew apart as they got older and she missed the closeness they once had. We gave her plenty of coaching on how to come across well on TV so let’s hope she listened!
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    I didn't get on with David Copperfield as I kept trying to think how it had veered away from the original. Also found that all the really funny bits [and they were funny] had been shown in the trailers. Mind you, I didn't enjoy 'The Death of Stalin' either. Will probably watch it on dvd when it comes out and think I'll enjoy it more now I understand where it's coming from. It was certainly more enjoyable than Parasite.....

Banned
    Thanks
    Watching Rod Stewart murdering his old classics- he needs to knock it on the head now and play with his trains. Want to remember him as he was.

Brit Awards btw

Thanks
    When we were at Punchestown many years ago we were told that Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood started singing in a pub in Naas but the landlord told them to shut up as it was a no music pub. To the disgruntlement of the people drinking there I would imagine. Ronnie Wood has [or had] a property just outside Naas and the lady who ran the B&B where we stayed knew him. I liked that folky stuff Rod Stewart did a year or so back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Got motion sickness from Claire Danes shaking her head so much with every utterance.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Binge watched the rest of The Split: hard to watch at some points as very real, overall brilliantly done, Nicola Walker as always is fabulous.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Aljazeera -Child soldiers you can watch these all week or on utube,fantastic programmes every week..

Thanks
    Cracking film on film 4 Northern soul forward 15 years and they remind me of myself in different genre of music,great stuff..

Thanks
    There was an interesting documentary on Chrissie Hinds on BBC4 last night. Never been much of a fan until I realised that we both like wandering around graveyards. Missed the beginning so will rewatch on catchup...

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    There was an interesting documentary on Chrissie Hinds on BBC4 last night. Never been much of a fan until I realised that we both like wandering around graveyards. Missed the beginning so will rewatch on catchup...
    I can recommend her biography 'Reckless' if you've not read it. She was certainly 'a bit of a girl' in her youth I was quite shocked by some of it. You can get it on Ebay for £2.99 and that includes postage

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

moehat (22nd February 2020)

Thanks
    Aljazeera -101 east looking at the animals wiped out in australian fires another beauty from best news channel..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Saw 'Official Secrets' last night and it's the powerful true story of Katharine Gun (Keira Knightley), a translator at GCHQ who blew the whistle on the Blair/Bush axis which intended to con UN members into voting for a war with Iraq on the WMD pretext. Incredible number of strokes pullled by the 'Dirty Tricks' brigade of the respective Intelligence services in efforts to suppress this news, and the film pulls no punches in exposing all the sordid detail.
    Brilliant story imo, and the most interesting movie I've seen in a while.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Really enjoying Race Across the World, second episode on tonight. My girl is doing fine - well until her rucksack got soaked with rain.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Really enjoying Race Across the World, second episode on tonight. My girl is doing fine - well until her rucksack got soaked with rain.
    Yes; I've been watching that. Never realised how many amazing places there were to see in that part of the world. Is she the girl with the long blond hair? I was trying to remember what you'd said about the couple you'd met....

Banned
    Thanks
    Nothing much of note been on since White House Farm and Who wants to be a Millionaire, which pops up for a week every now and then. looking forward to the return of Gentleman Jack whenever that is.

Old Millionaire shows on 46 and Homes Under The Hammer on 25 are regularly watched, which gives an insight into my life in old(ish) age

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Yes; I've been watching that. Never realised how many amazing places there were to see in that part of the world. Is she the girl with the long blond hair? I was trying to remember what you'd said about the couple you'd met....
    Yes, part of the brother/sister team now in the lead. I met her on a flight out to Morocco last September before she went on it. She hadn’t actually watched the last series but her mother thought she and her brother should do it as they had drifted apart so much. Really liked her and hope she wins. I gave her plenty of coaching on how to win it! And I said “be nice and don’t bitch about the other teams on camera” which she hasn’t done yet. Whereas the couple who have left and the other blonde girl seemed to be snarling a bit when they saw rival teams.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

moehat (16th March 2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Howe could i have forgotten about the recent 3 parter on the Gypsy King - Tyson Fury - Top stuff that was

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    No idea if this has been mentioned before on the thread but I've started watching Mrs O's boxed set of The Newsroom.

It's by Aaron Sorkin and he's bang on form. The best drama I've seen since The West Wing (also by Sorkin, at least in the first few series).
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    No idea if this has been mentioned before on the thread but I've started watching Mrs O's boxed set of The Newsroom.

It's by Aaron Sorkin and he's bang on form. The best drama I've seen since The West Wing (also by Sorkin, at least in the first few series).
    Someone told me about this at the time but I haven't got round to watching it - don't buy many DVDs. Good cast - Jeff Daniels is always good value. Love Sorkin's stuff tho - was rewatching some of The West Wing the other night. I liked Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip too but that didn't do so well. I have a HUGE soft spot for Bradley Whitford.
    Perhaps we could set up an exchange programme of box sets during the Virus Crisis?
    Vote Alfie!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to G-G For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (25th March 2020)