Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2225

Thread: What are you watching

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Trying some current affairs to add to local news for me presenting tomorrows morning show, (Saturday 9am to 12).

Link here.https://players.rcast.net/popup1/64911

Have a good laugh.
    Last edited by Marb; 13th May 2022 at 2:49 PM.

Thanks
    Sunday went to watch Chelsea Ladies against Man. United ladies football. My friend is a season ticket holder for Chelsea Ladies and being over 65, it costs him £5 a year. My ticket was £9 - I'm a United fan for my sins. We were in the 'Chelsea' end, me the only one with a red, white and black scarf. Really good atmosphere, some good skill on offer. Unite were all over them first half and led 2-1 at the break. Second half Chelsea bought on 2 sub and the game changed completely. All ages there, no swearing very noticeably or any kind of 'usual football crowd' behaviour except a naughty word said twice from Chelsea's manager in post match interview which was noticeably out of sync with the rest of the occasion, but really enjoyed it even though we didn't win which meant we don't qualify for Europe next year. Obviously skill level not near the men as a generalisation but very entertaining and a good time had.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    I am currently watching games of thrones on my gaming monitor.

Thanks
    Top Gun: Maverick. I felt the need.... loved the first film for all its' cheese. The 2nd doesn't disappoint. Sad too in one place, quite hard to watch in a way but very well done. See it on the big screen if you can. Amazing flying scenes.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Watched episode 1 of The Staircase this week. V Good.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Watched episode 1 of The Staircase this week. V Good.
    I wasn't convinced...fell asleep on two separate occasions trying to watch episode two. I read about the real case and that actually really put me off. And I love Mr F.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Tried to watch Suits for the first time the other night. Gave up. Contrived shite.

Watched Nomadland on Monday evening. A Very interesting watch.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Whitechapel coming soon to the Drama channel. If you haven't seen it, or even if you have worth another look.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Pride, on BBC2 last night . One of my brothers told me to watch it. The story of Welsh miners helped during the 1980s strike by a group from London who called themselves LGSM, Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners, taken to the hearts of the Welsh community for their fund raising efforts. A really heart warming film, wonderfully played by a very good cast.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to G-G For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (4th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    'Once Upon a Time in Londongrad'.

An excellent Sky Documentaries offering about a Buzzfeed News team investigating the deaths of Russian exiles and their UK supporters, and how a pattern emerges of potential extra-judicial assassination by Putin's Kremlin (from Boris Berozovsky to the Skripals).
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    TV
    Midway through season 4 of Ripper Street. It's been excellent throughout. Such a great cast.
    I'm early into season 3 of Spiral. It's not as good as the Bridge and I can't work out if the general incompetence of the police shown is poor show running or just part of the plot. Overall though I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Police dramas.
    Spiral and Ripper Street are both pretty dark so I felt I needed some light relief. I saw the US version of The Office was on both Netflix and Prime so decided to give it a go. I never usually bother with American remakes but this one is actually superior to the British version, It's up there with Seinfeld. Excellent.

Film
    Don't Look Up - pretty average, tried too hard to be funny. Actually nominated for an Oscar. Meh
    A Quiet Place - I liked this. It was original and I didn't get bored once, which is unusual when watching Hollywood films these days
    1917 - Good but not great. Not really a war film guy tbh
    The Hobbit. Reminded me of the most recent James Bond in that it was at least an hour too long. I didn't mind the LOTR films but this was guff.
    TV
    Finished Ripper Street. Was excellent throughout and a decent ending, which is so hard to do.
    I've finished 5 seasons of Spiral. It's one of the best Cop dramas I've seen, probably second to The Shield. Still three seasons left.
    Finished Ozark. I liked it, but it's just outside my top 10. I just never warmed to any of the characters and the ending was a bit limp.

I watched the first four seasons of Better Call Saul back when the fourth season came out and my plan was to save season 5 for when 6 came out. I'm through the penultimate season now and it's such a contrast with Ozark because I care about Nacho and Kim and that's it's genius - how at it's inception do we get people to care about a show who's main characters arcs are known to us - create new ones. It might be as good as Breaking Bad. We'll have to see.

Films:
    Boiling Point/Burnt - Two movies about cooking. I enjoyed both, mainly because I find the fast pace stress of the profession really watchable. It helps when you have leads like Stephen Graham and Bradley Cooper who are top class.
    Spotlight - a sort of modern day All the Presidents Men. Set in Boston (which rivals London as a really great location for films/TV) during the scandal around kiddie fiddler Priests in the 60s/70s and how the story was broke. Excellent.
    Up in the Air. George Clooney in fine form - I always enjoy watching him even in ho hum productions.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 13th July 2022 at 1:51 PM.

Thanks
    Watched Dream Horse last night -the story of Dream Alliance who won the Welsh National -very enjoyable but don't expect anything close to 100 per cent accuracy.
    I've been watching Suits for the last month or so -an unchallenging pre bedtime watch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You are all watching Love Island come on admit it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bob Newhart on sky arts.comedy genius.
    I remember the 'bus driving training one' when he says now wait until they are starting to walk down the bus,now clutch,brake,clutch brake
    Do you see how they spin all the way to the back.always reminded me of my days of travelling to school on the bus.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (8th September 2022), moehat (9th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    What am i watching?,very fUking little looking at the state of the TV..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    TV
    Finished Ripper Street. Was excellent throughout and a decent ending, which is so hard to do.
    I've finished 5 seasons of Spiral. It's one of the best Cop dramas I've seen, probably second to The Shield. Still three seasons left.
    Finished Ozark. I liked it, but it's just outside my top 10. I just never warmed to any of the characters and the ending was a bit limp.

I watched the first four seasons of Better Call Saul back when the fourth season came out and my plan was to save season 5 for when 6 came out. I'm through the penultimate season now and it's such a contrast with Ozark because I care about Nacho and Kim and that's it's genius - how at it's inception do we get people to care about a show who's main characters arcs are known to us - create new ones. It might be as good as Breaking Bad. We'll have to see.

Films:
    Boiling Point/Burnt - Two movies about cooking. I enjoyed both, mainly because I find the fast pace stress of the profession really watchable. It helps when you have leads like Stephen Graham and Bradley Cooper who are top class.
    Spotlight - a sort of modern day All the Presidents Men. Set in Boston (which rivals London as a really great location for films/TV) during the scandal around kiddie fiddler Priests in the 60s/70s and how the story was broke. Excellent.
    Up in the Air. George Clooney in fine form - I always enjoy watching him even in ho hum productions.
    You have a good range of interests Euro and do come across some gems.

Loved the shield, so Spiral is next. Never heard of it
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

19. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (11th September 2022)

Thanks
    The Vietnam War on PBS America. Fantastic documentary television.
    Homeland Series One only for the second time. Forgotten how good it was before it deteriorated into the Clare Danes Hysteria Show.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    The Vietnam War on PBS America. Fantastic documentary television.
    Homeland Series One only for the second time. Forgotten how good it was before it deteriorated into the Clare Danes Hysteria Show.
    I think they tried to address Bipolar and how high functioning sufferers could be with the condition but I do agree it became too much about it. I was just upset that they killed off Brodie.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    I think they tried to address Bipolar and how high functioning sufferers could be with the condition but I do agree it became too much about it. I was just upset that they killed off Brodie.
    Yes possibly but we 'knew' from the get go the character had a condition, the later series turned too much into her being a ridiculous maverick and getting away with it.
    Ditto re Brody. Lost the essence of the plot but has gone as far as could with the plot line. My Muppet called Brodie in honour albeit the Gaelic spelling!
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Currently watching Crossfire on BBC1.....oh my god...talk about edge of your seat stuff! It’s so tense I have spent most of it hiding behind a cushion.... Keeley Hawes is excellent as usual.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito