Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading

Thanks
    I'm sick of Americans. I know this thread is over ten years old now but with the US opening up for a lot of this type of stuff it seems the Americans are all going nuts for Kelly Criterions, trading, "futures", arbing, massive bets that'd get limited before you hit the last 0 in Europe, and generally being completely American.

I applaud the guys who are going to make a lot of cash out of this but I can't help but think that there's going to be a huge amount of them left potless.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm not down in the mud where "serious gamblers" are, but a lot of this sounds like people who don't realise the US is an immature market and the only reason they're getting away with any of it is because venture capitalist business models.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearoid View Post
    We are talking about offering an arb in the retail side only. Shop punters by their very definition are shop punters and an arb to them is someone who put them on the dole queue six months ago.
    Who is this Gearoid geezer -he sounds shrood.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Bar The Bull, Shadow Leader great misses to the forum

I think gamla replied with a private message to one of my early posts about ratings
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Bar The Bull, Shadow Leader great misses to the forum

I think gamla replied with a private message to one of my early posts about ratings
    He's a very nice guy. Heard he's packed in punting. He used to put an awful lot of work into it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Who is this Gearoid geezer -he sounds shrood.

Thanks
    Trading...Unless you are in the know... It's impossible to determine which way the odds will move regardless of any software.
    Last edited by sunshine; 18th January 2022 at 2:23 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I used to use the Geek Toy which I found to be excellent...as far as Horses go you need the patients of a saint and you have to be prepared to bet in hundreds if you want it to pay as commisions still apply to trades.

I have no doubt someone like Slim who has the expertise could make it pay but I simply don't have the patience and would rather have one 3 star bet and watch harry potter Goblet of Fire again than try to make a living trading
    Formely Fist of Fury