Page 6 of 371 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum horse connections

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krizon View Post
    Thanks, Rory - she was SO enthusiastic, and when she was holding Bally in the winner's pit, I said to her, "It was that last scream that did it" and she laughed. Lovely girl - seems to love the horse, who wasn't having any of the attention. Kicked the rubber matting a few times and couldn't be bothered with all the fuss!
    Eliza has had an amazing week, she also looks after the very game mare Sweetheart who won at Ascot on Saturday.

I was thrilled for Sweetheart, and Ballyfoy who, as you say, has been brave through all of his problems and nursed back to health by all at team Poulton. They only have a few horses but I think they do really well with them.

PS, forgot to say Jamie is actually Eliza's Uncle.
    Last edited by Isinglass; 27th January 2010 at 9:39 PM.
    Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse. ~ Anon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isinglass View Post
    PS, forgot to say Jamie is actually Eliza's Uncle.
    Jamie, Julian, all these Poultons look alike to me!
    handsome is as handsome does

Thanks
    And Julian is the Dad of Megan, Sheena West's daughter, who looks just like her Mum. So is Eliza also Julian's progeny? She doesn't look the least like Megan if they're half sisters! (Cue 'Duelling Banjoes' and a round of hog-wrestlin'... )
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krizon View Post
    And Julian is the Dad of Megan, Sheena West's daughter, who looks just like her Mum. So is Eliza also Julian's progeny? She doesn't look the least like Megan if they're half sisters! (Cue 'Duelling Banjoes' and a round of hog-wrestlin'... )
    I give up tbh! Always thought Jamie was her dad, but it's not like I know the family.

Thanks
    Yes, I think Julian is Eliza's Father, unless there is another brother .....

Thanks
    Joe Jo Star makes his eagerly awaited (by some at least!) chasing debut in the 6-runner Grade 2 Lightning Novices Chase at Doncaster tomorrow. He was only fourth best of the runners over hurdles and wouldn't have the scope of the 2 Henderson horses and has been off since a poor effort at Pontefract in August. As you can probably tell, I'm not expecting too much against 5 Arkle entries but the fact of the matter is, he'd been ready to run since Christmas, we want to get a run into him and the next race we liked the look of was at the end of February.

He's schooled well, in fact he's been a bit too brave at times so hopefully he'll show the same aptitude on track, put in a clear round and show enough to suggest he can win a race or 2 against some weaker opposition.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rorydelargy View Post
    Trainer's daughter Eliza, for future reference, auntie!
    I promise to pay more attention in future .... to avoid severe punishment and much

Turns out Eliza is indeed daughter of Jamie, Rory was quite correct. I don't have any excuse for my mistake, have thought for most of her life that she was Julian's girl.

Anyway, Eliza is on the Morning Line tomorrow morning because she shouted soooo loud for her beloved Sweetheart at Ascot. She is game, should be fun to watch.

Thanks
    She pretty much outbawled everyone to bring in BALLYFOY, too, Isi, so have the 'Mute' button handy if Ch.4 ask her to repeat the trick! A very attractive young woman, with what looked like a personality to match.

DJ: huge 'good luck' to the adorable JJS tomorrow. I'll be penned behind the O/T desk at Lingfield (where we don't have a tv in sight - a gross omission by the planners), so won't be able to see his debut, but I wish him, more than anything, an enjoyable and safe clear round. The fact he's attacking his jumps at home bodes well - just hope he concentrates in the hurly-burly, and has a good time.

Thanks
    I see that Monitor Closely gets a mention on the Racing Post website today. Says he is on his comeback trail from a knee op for a chip and is settling in at new trainers. No targets decided yet but they have a few in mind.

Thanks
    Finally getting Kimberlite King to the track tomorrow. Everythign is in his favour, I'm just a little concerned he hasn't run for a while and will have forgotten how to jump!! Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    That's good news! Good luck with him Cantoris.

Thanks
    Good luck at Naas, Cantoris.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isinglass View Post
    I see that Monitor Closely gets a mention on the Racing Post website today. Says he is on his comeback trail from a knee op for a chip and is settling in at new trainers. No targets decided yet but they have a few in mind.
    His owner has a runner in partnership at Sandown tomorrow too. Hope we get the nod!

Thanks
    Expecting a good run from the horse tomorrow have to be honest the money for the triumph isn't mine as all we know at the moment is he has schooled very well and has a touch of class from the flat. Fingers crossed lightning can strike twice. As for monitor will be seeing him and the colts next week so will keep everyone up to speed.

Thanks
    Best of luck, Cantoris and Kauto, and hoping your horses have good, safe rounds.

Thanks
    Joe Jo runs again at Warwick in the Kingmaker. Much like at Doncaster, he won't be good enough, but he'll gain further valuable experience over a sound jumping test and hopefully we can take advantage of the fact that prize money is available with connections of Cheltenham-bound horses preferring to keep their charges stood in their boxes.

Thanks
    How Machiavellian, DJ! Best as always to JJS, sweet little feller. As always, I wish him what's most important - that he gets a safe clear round which he enjoys.

Thanks
    Thanks krizon.

Thanks
    I was going to say, there's something a little of EI EI about him, the way he seems to really enjoy his work. He looks an enthusiastic soul, looking ahead and really engaging with his races. I do hope the little chap goes on for many moons more, enjoying himself and giving you much pleasure - and a few more ££ if possible, too, of course!

Thanks
    That has certainly seemed his attitude at home. 12 montha ago, he looked something of a strong-travelling bridle horse but he does appear that much stronger now, his response to pressure at Aintree and then Haydock last spring certainly came as a surprise at the time, and I never dreamt he see out 12f as strongly as he did at York last summer. It's a cliche, but he owes up absolutely nothing that's for sure.