Page 4 of 371 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum horse connections

Thanks
    We run Freddie (Know No Fear) & Vanadium tonight at Wolverhampton, whilst Alastair also has another runner in Take It There & Litenup, of which hopefully we shall be gracing the winners enclosure with one of them.

Freddie has come out of the race really well and can hopefully give Holly Hall a winner to cement her new role as the yards apprentice. Amy gets on well with Vanadium so she partners him.

Thanks
    Good luck with them - pity Al didn't work any magic with PTD on Wednesday...
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    For anyone that may have caught North South Divide's 'effort' last night, they won't be surprised to learn he won't be asked to race again.

Thanks
    I hope he has a pleasant and happy retirement nonetheless DJ.

Thanks
    I own a 1/4 of King's Miracle and One Way Or Another, who both run in my colours. As with DJ, my horses have provided me with plenty of ups and downs. One Way Or Another, who won at Haydock and was second at Ascot and Newmarket, has just come back into training and may go for the Lincoln. King's Miracle promised plenty at home but has gradually become more and more disappointing and has finished no closer than fourth. She is likely to run, possibly for the last time, at Kempton next Wednesday.

Thanks
    I have one to run in Feb. I'll let you know about him if I think it's worth your while.

Thanks
    KNOW NO FEAR (owned by Flame) a nice third at Wolverhampton today, CARNIVAL DREAM (bred by Songsheet and me) another third at the same venue.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Freddie ran another good race and is really starting to get his confidence back about the game. Shame he got worked up in the stalls which appears to be his bug bear but another good run. He shall now go to Lingfield on Wednesday.

Vanadium ran well on his comeback from a break and we will now look at his options.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Without sounding nosey, what brought about the decision to move from PCH to Michael Bell ?

Will Monitor Closely go to Dubai ?

I am correct in thinking yours were with Bill Turner last year, Flame ?
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    We will run Ballyvesey at Ffos Las tomorrow. Hope we can do some fast work today. Donal rides. Has finished third there before. Will be trying as normal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Songsheet View Post
    I am correct in thinking yours were with Bill Turner last year, Flame ?
    Stargazy was yes Songsheet, but I am in the process of moving to Lambourn and wanted all my horses close to me.

Thanks
    Best of everything to the imminent runners and retiree!

Thanks
    Another double-header for Songsheet's homebreds with CARNIVAL DREAM in the 7f handicap at 7.05 and PLACE THE DUCHESS 30 minutes later in the 5f scurry at Wolverhampton on the 22nd. Just too much excitement for one evening!

Thanks
    Good run at Southwell today for No Panic. Nice bet at 10/1 a place on Betfair ,3rd 28/1 returned.

Thanks
    Freddie (Know No Fear) resumed winning ways at Lingfield yesterday under the new yard apprentice Holly Hall, he runs again Sunday.

Thanks
    She rode a very intelligent race, I thought, Flame, and KNF really went through with the job, again. He's a bonny wee soul and seems to love the AW, so they look set for some more good results together. I note that Al's procured Martin Dwyer for PLACE THE DUCHESS tomorrow night at Wolves. Good pilot, so I hope he can find just the right touch to give Team Lidderdale some more kudos. The yard really is doing very well this year, which is what they all deserve.

Thanks
    Two completely duff rides, first from Graham Gibbons on CARNIVAL DREAM, who seemed to find every possible obstruction in the race, ensuring she was covered up, particularly in dirt, and desperately hunting for gaps which came in time for him to recognise them, but not recognise that they were also closing. I think she came second last or near enough to that. She looked bursting with good health and she was let down by a useless feckin ride.

Next up, Martin Dwyer on PTD. Now this really was disgraceful - plum inside draw, yanked her back teeth out as if he was settling her for a two-miler (it was a sharp 5f, otherwise known as a s-p-r-i-n-t, Martin), stuffed her right to the back, where she could benefit from the kickback to the fullest extent, and wrestled her manfully into second last pozzie, having caused her to lose all impetus. This is a horse who must GO FOR IT - she's confused as to why jockeys want her to be held up when she's a sprinter. She's very confused when they nearly break her jaw to yank her from a lovely draw to the back of the field, which she clearly hates. She loves to get out quickly, get going, get as near the front she can. She is not a wait-up horse, she's not a closer.

Time for a rating system on jockeys, I think: these two definitely would earn "I" for Idiot on tonight's efforts. You can imagine a jockey's formline, can't you: GGBGE (genius, genius, brilliant, genius, excellent) and some others - TAPAS - (twit, arse, pillock, arse, shoite). I know how I'd rate these two tonight!

Not making excuses for the girls - they were fit as fleas, raring to go and give their all, and ridden by muppets.

Thanks
    I would like to put in my two pence worth on Place The Duchess as I was there last night and it was the first time it dawned on me what a pony she is, and that against big solid brutes of sprinters I dare say feel that she was unable to hold her pitch early and looked the type to me that was intimidated out of things. Secondly she was no where near quick enough for 5f, and recently over 6f except when she has had a break neck gallop she has struggled to see out the trip. Her size and stature to me counts massively against her, when taking on seasoned sprinters and whilst she has twice shown ability over 6f, both times came in very different races. The first time the pace was suicidal and she settled nicely for Nathan running on well into 2nd, the next time, she was allowed to bowl along by Nathan over 6f at Southwell and she kept on in good style showing a willing attitude despite getting tired. Make no mistakes last nights contest was very weak with only Cocktail Party & Nawaaff shaping with any scope for the future. For me I fear that Place The Duchess, now rated 47 and sure to be dropped 2 or 3lb for her run last night, will not only struggle to now get in a race but will almost certainly struggle to win a race. The clear exception would be in a 6f race where they go far too hard up front and give her a chance to settle, that will only come in an apprentice race and for my liking whilst Nathan Alison has done little wrong on her, I feel she could do with someone with a bit more noodle upstairs. I do fear she may not get many more chances however with the handicapper due to make his stance.

Thanks
    She's got a lovely big backside on her, Flame, and she doesn't need to hold her pitch if she's allowed to break sharply from the stalls, which is what she herself likes to do, without any giddyap from the jockey. She likes to get to the front early and now that Alastair has built her strength up, she can hold her pitch pretty well - she wasn't given the slightest chance to do that last night, and I think the ride was as wrong for her as it could have been.

As I've said several times, she needs to try 7f. Sheena gave up on her after one race, saying she couldn't find races for her; Al got her into excellent shape and while she isn't brilliant, he's conjured a couple of places out of her with the right sort of riding. If Martin Dwyer hasn't got the 'noodle upstairs' then I despair as to who would.

I did, of course, have a nice non-racing home all lined up for her, but Alastair's racing manager, Kevin McCarthy, felt they wanted to keep her going, as did her co-owner. Kevin and Alastair were convinced there was a good race in her. That's why she's still at the yard.

Thanks
    Hoping for a big run today from our promising novice hurdler Tequilla Bob in the second race at Lingfield. Only just beaten by a highly-regarded horse on his racecourse debut and if he shows the normal amount of improvement he will go very close today.