Page 368 of 371 FirstFirst ... 268318358363364365366367368369370371 LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 7417

Thread: Forum horse connections

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That was more like it today, Paul. I hope he can continue to progress.
    It certainly was - thanks. I didn't even write a blog this time because it was touch and go about him running and I was supposed to be in Exec meeting when the race was being on and I knew the heavy ground would be against him. He ran much better than I expected and I hope he comes on and we start getting some decent ground. At least now, he will likely get into another maiden and not be balloted out; I think that's happened about 8 times now (losing count).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pdleech For This Useful Post:

archie (23rd February 2021), Paddy Beag (23rd February 2021)

Thanks
    Kim (my wife) is going away without me this week - I can't remember whose idea it was. Oh, and Suprise Package is looking to add to his name again http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...ek-to-get-away
    Last edited by pdleech; 13th March 2021 at 10:51 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pdleech For This Useful Post:

edgt (14th March 2021), Grey (14th March 2021), Paddy Beag (14th March 2021), Perpetual (14th March 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Best iof Luck Paul and of course - if Oran still pops in for alook - best wishes with Royal Kahala this week.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdleech View Post
    Kim (my wife) is going away without me this week - I can't remember whose idea it was. Oh, and Suprise Package is looking to add to his name again http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...ek-to-get-away
    Nice site and backstory Paul
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Paul

Good Luck with Surprise Package tomorrow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Beag View Post
    Paul

Good Luck with Surprise Package tomorrow.
    Thank you! We are trying to be realistic and hoping the best is yet to come http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...inning-trainer

Thanks
    Very good showing today, Paul. Plenty of future potential. Good luck and well done!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Well done to Roddy whose Equus Dancer won at Market Rasen today.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    A very nice run, Paul, I hope he continues to progress.

And well done to Roddy with Equus Dancer, Market Rasen must be his favourite track.

Thanks
    Brilliant from both, huge congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Great run Paul. Winners enclosure awaits Sooner than Later.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Good luck tomorrow GG
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Good luck tomorrow GG
    Thank you! I know probably all breeders/owners/any one says their horse has been unlucky, but he really has, aside from first run where he was far too keen as usual first time out, but really didn't like the ground either. Since has hated the ground and had top weight, Musselbrough waaaay too tight/sharp for him, he's a big boy; if he had had Joe last time out definitely would have won- definitely - not criticism against Henry Brooke but went far too soon, and Joe would have known to hang on , again not run for a bit and save it until after the last and he was giving the winner a stone and lost it in last 10 yards. Connections said afterwards he didn't stay- wwwhaaaaattttt? What race were you watching???? Yes bit tired after last but went too soon for home, and had a stone more. 13 lengths clear of the 3rd.......Don't even get me started..... Last time was told Joe was banned but can't find anything saying why and not on BHA site, can see in a way why Hughes riding tomorrow as needs the wins/champion jockey etc but would have preferred to have Joe back on.. No criticism of Hughes but you have to try and hang on to him, Not sure what's going on there but Joe obviously out of favour, hope all okay there. Would be really good to finish the season on a win. Everything crossed safe home apart from all else.
    He's in bouncing form at home so very hopeful. Comes home in one piece above all.
    PS best friend going to kill me as his price dropping like a stone and I manage her Paddypower account for her and told her to hang on until tomorrow as I thought he would drift as he would like a little rain
    Last edited by G-G; 15th April 2021 at 7:37 PM.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Was looking for this thread a while back. I paid €3k for 20% of Chessman with Richard O'Brien last September. He's the type of horse that will need everything to land right for him but it's hard to own a horse rated near 100.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

archie (16th April 2021), Diamond Geezer (16th April 2021), dvds2000 (16th April 2021), edgt (15th April 2021), trudij (15th April 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Thank you! I know probably all breeders/owners/any one says their horse has been unlucky, but he really has, aside from first run where he was far too keen as usual first time out, but really didn't like the ground either. Since has hated the ground and had top weight, Musselbrough waaaay too tight/sharp for him, he's a big boy; if he had had Joe last time out definitely would have won- definitely - not criticism against Henry Brooke but went far too soon, and Joe would have known to hang on , again not run for a bit and save it until after the last and he was giving the winner a stone and lost it in last 10 yards. Connections said afterwards he didn't stay- wwwhaaaaattttt? What race were you watching???? Yes bit tired after last but went too soon for home, and had a stone more. 13 lengths clear of the 3rd.......Don't even get me started..... Last time was told Joe was banned but can't find anything saying why and not on BHA site, can see in a way why Hughes riding tomorrow as needs the wins/champion jockey etc but would have preferred to have Joe back on.. No criticism of Hughes but you have to try and hang on to him, Not sure what's going on there but Joe obviously out of favour, hope all okay there. Would be really good to finish the season on a win. Everything crossed safe home apart from all else.
    He's in bouncing form at home so very hopeful. Comes home in one piece above all.
    PS best friend going to kill me as his price dropping like a stone and I manage her Paddypower account for her and told her to hang on until tomorrow as I thought he would drift as he would like a little rain
    No. What’s gone wrong with him is way more simple than that - I put him in my ten to follow.

I’m sorry!!

#YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trudij View Post
    No. What’s gone wrong with him is way more simple than that - I put him in my ten to follow.

I’m sorry!!

Definitely not your fault!!!! He's struggled to get a run - ground, etc - but to be harsh , narrow minded thinking by trainer......when I win the lottery!

Hoping can finish on a high today. If nothing else , entertainment for my local bookie watching me acting like a complete loon watching him.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Good luck!

#YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

21. The Following User Says Thank You to trudij For This Useful Post:

G-G (16th April 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Ok, i've read back through the thread, and can't find it, but which horse are we cheering on today

Thanks

Forum horse connections

Quote Originally Posted by dvds2000 View Post
    Ok, i've read back through the thread, and can't find it, but which horse are we cheering on today
    Schehallion Munroe ( I can’t spell it - it’s a mountain somewhere as well as a horse that g-g bred )

Last edited by trudij; 16th April 2021 at 10:08 AM.
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

24. The Following User Says Thank You to trudij For This Useful Post:

dvds2000 (16th April 2021)

Thanks
    Schiehallion Munro in 3.15 at Ayr - Schiehallion 'cos main owner also wanted to call a horse after the mountain , but couldn't just call him Schiehallion ( most recent one too recent ) , Munro as means 'mountain over 3000 feet ' ish in Gaelic, and Munro happens to be owners middle name. He likes to put a bit of himself in his horses, Dr Irv was his, and Irv is currently his as well. Rowley to me - they call him Basil
    I'm already a nervous wreck
    Vote Alfie!!!!