Page 102 of 371 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 7417

Thread: Forum horse connections

Thanks
    To be honest I didn't know he was running today but that's really great, Krizon.

He was off the bridle from some way out but showed a lot of resolution, the front two went well clear and your boy had the edge. You deserve to be proud of him.

Thanks
    I'm very grateful to Paul Thorman of Trickledown Stud, Grey, who mentored me through Goff's Sales at Naas, and found the mum, DANETIME OUT, for me, already i/f to MAJESTIC MISSILE. She's still standing at the Murphys' Redpender Stud, who bought TTC at the foal sales and sold him on. I wasn't sure if he didn't appreciated Matthew giving him a couple of spanks - slight turn of the head then - but he does seem resolved, as you say. Thanks - I'm honestly chuffed to bits as so far the only other foal which has gone on to have a win, and only one, is CARNIVAL DREAM, and she's still loitering in Class 6 levels, bless her.

We sold DANETIME OUT i/f to to PICCOLO and the Murphys took her on to some of Joe Foley's sires, and I've lost track of what she's produced to date for them, but they like her a lot. Although unraced, she was very sturdy and correct, no white markings, a pleasant head and no nasties.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    According to the Racing Post database your boy Try The Chance is her only progeny so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by On The Bridle View Post
    I'm as sick as a small hospital. Was looking forward to the next two days with decent chances. Copper Dock and Zhukhov at Laytown and Bangalore Diamond at Down Royal. Copper Dock looked certain to get in being no. 1 on the ballot but all ten above him declared so he's out! Just hoping to get a non runner so he gets in. Thats after Bangalore and Rattle the Latch missed getting in by one each on Sunday in Dundalk. First Dundalk meeting that I can remember there was no non-runners!!

If someone could sabotage one of the other runners I would be eternally grateful!!
    This is rather careless of you, especially after enlisting the whole forum to help choose a rider.

You mention sabotage of one of the other runners, but what is wrong with pointing out to them as clearly as possible that this is not the day for fun at the seaside, especially with the longer term future of their charges in mind?

Thanks
    Laytown won't be on -the course is waterlogged at the moment.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Laytown won't be on -the course is waterlogged at the moment.
    They have savage drainage, it's a sand based course, I fully expect it to be on and have taken 3/1 off OTB on the same.
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Thanks
    What type of going do you expect?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Sloppy with sandcastles in places.
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Thanks
    Good to sand with puddles in places....
    Do not mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance nor my kindness for weakness.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krizon View Post
    I'm very grateful to Paul Thorman of Trickledown Stud, Grey, who mentored me through Goff's Sales at Naas, and found the mum, DANETIME OUT, for me, already i/f to MAJESTIC MISSILE. She's still standing at the Murphys' Redpender Stud, who bought TTC at the foal sales and sold him on. I wasn't sure if he didn't appreciated Matthew giving him a couple of spanks - slight turn of the head then - but he does seem resolved, as you say. Thanks - I'm honestly chuffed to bits as so far the only other foal which has gone on to have a win, and only one, is CARNIVAL DREAM, and she's still loitering in Class 6 levels, bless her.

We sold DANETIME OUT i/f to to PICCOLO and the Murphys took her on to some of Joe Foley's sires, and I've lost track of what she's produced to date for them, but they like her a lot. Although unraced, she was very sturdy and correct, no white markings, a pleasant head and no nasties.
    Nice one Krizon, found the latest page for you. Captain Marvelous is a fine strapping horse and one I will be watching closely next year.

Lot 2
    http://www.brightwells.com/Equine/Bl...&sd=07/05/2011
    Last edited by Sheikh; 8th September 2011 at 9:53 AM.
    Clare Balding for President.

Thanks
    Well done K!!! Is there no end to your talents!!
    Do not mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance nor my kindness for weakness.

Thanks
    No 1 in the second race at Laytown is an unraced Singspiel gelding out of Bosra Sham Purchased as a foal for 525,000 Guineas. Ouch !.
    Last edited by Sheikh; 8th September 2011 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Ran over jumps Sheikh
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    So he did ,money well spent than

Thanks
    Bangalore Diamond runs tonight in a 7f low grade handicap in Down Royal. Smullen was very keen to ride him after the last day. Wouldn't put anyone off even though 8/1 is skinny enough in very open race. Drawn in the car park but the plan is to jump and lead so hopefully it wont be too much of a disadvantage ... Good luck if you play

Thanks
    Thanks so much for that, Sheikh. They got a damn good price for the filly, considering what we got for TTC (minimum bid!!).

OTB: there really is no end - 'cos I don't think there's actually been a beginning!! At 95, I'm still waiting to find something I'm good at, although after joining with the Attwater Gang following STONECRABSTOMORROW's latest win at Epsom yesterday, I can tell you that doing winning connections' hospitality at Brighton has shown that the little, modest course is way ahead of Grade One Epsom and show-off Goodwood, glorious or not! So perhaps being an enthusiastic horse-loving 'hostess' is my best strength. Not much, but it's all about happy stuff, which is how I prefer life to be.
    Last edited by krizon; 9th September 2011 at 5:25 PM.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by On The Bridle View Post
    Bangalore Diamond runs tonight in a 7f low grade handicap in Down Royal. Smullen was very keen to ride him after the last day. Wouldn't put anyone off even though 8/1 is skinny enough in very open race. Drawn in the car park but the plan is to jump and lead so hopefully it wont be too much of a disadvantage ... Good luck if you play
    The 8/1 looked huge after he went off at 9/2. He gave it a go but the winner was too good. Fortunately for the OTB millions, which presumably were dispersed around the Down Royal betting ring, he hung on for third place.

Thanks
    The 8/1 looked huge after he went off at 9/2. He gave it a go but the winner was too good. Fortunately for the OTB millions, which presumably were dispersed around the Down Royal betting ring, he hung on for third place.
    A little disappointing again as we think he is better than that but saved the stake with the ew part. It was a weak enough race and I would rate it no better than his previous run in Cork where he finished sixth.He is a bit of a monkey and believes he still has his man bits!! Pat Smullen reckons some type of headgear possibly cheek pieces to start and a drop back to six. Maybe Gearoid could help but where did the money come from to take him from a freely available 8/1 to 4/1 near the off???? Several McCourt horses have been slaughtered in the ring recently - whoever is backing them this way will go broke and fast!!

Gearoid
    Btw OTB. A friend of mine who has forgotten more about the game than I will ever know was adamant that Robbie McNamara was the best jockey available for Copper Dock. Real shame you did not get a run but a good reflection on your own judgement in my eyes!

Thanks
    I am convinced he would have gone very close. We need to get him
    up a few pounds to get into the better races coming up in Dundalk. Hopefully he'll pick up another little race along the way.