Page 3 of 371 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum horse connections

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamla Stan View Post
    I think he'll be a strong player in Group Twos and Threes over 1m4f but I can't see him matching the Cavalryman's with this world. I hope I'm wrong though and he gives you a good season and stays healthy. As I say though, the middle distance brigade in the States are below ours and it could be a door to some decent prize money if you find yourselves looking at the rears of Cavalryman, F&G and co but I hope your lad will improve past them.

Do you find it hard to get your bets on more and more with the big firms now? I know a few owners who have found it become increasingly difficult in the past 18 months (Worse than it's ever been) with firms simply refusing to lay decent bets any more.

He would certainly win Group 1´s in Germany, thats for sure. and they are all over 1m4f, how handy is that? Großer Preis von Baden, here we come ... If only one could be sure where - and that! - racing goes ahead in Germany, and if the prizemoney would be a bit better ....
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. (John Steinbeck)

www.spontano.net

Thanks
    and before I miss the boat --- good luck to all and everybodys connection horses !
    and well done flame, but I mentioned it on fb!
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. (John Steinbeck)

www.spontano.net

Thanks
    And we've forgotten crazyhorse's BONFIRE NIGHT as well - another to follow, albeit in Germany!
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    As most are aware my family are involved in a few 'orses, which is much fun. Good luck to everyone for the coming year with their nags.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto View Post
    Thanks again
    Lawrie, I'm presuming that means you also have a share in According?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Simon,

Which horses are your family involved in?

Thanks
    Hi Hamm,

My family have had a number of horses with Steve Gollings. Currently we only have grand old Will He Wish and King's Ransom who run in my Mum's colours. My Dad has also owned a number of horses in the past with little success. Mum seems to be the only one to be able to own winners

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lawrie, I'm presuming that means you also have a share in According?
    I do yes

Thanks
    A good few on the forum would know the horses I have shares in. Been very lucky so far with Brave Inca and Kimberlite King (who has won 3 races and if the weather helps then he might make it 4!!). Not so lucky with our most expensive purchase, Captain Bondi, but you can't win them all. Two nice young horses at the moment in 5yo Raise The Beat (by Beat All - ran once when backward - would expect more in the future) and a Definite Article 3yo related to Megans Joy and Tropical Lady. The latter three horses will be out come Spring time so hoping for plenty of more success. Have my eye out for another one at the moment but will prob be from an Irish bumper or point to point.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto View Post
    I do yes
    Any idea when/where he'll run etc?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Hi Hamm,

My family have had a number of horses with Steve Gollings. Currently we only have grand old Will He Wish and King's Ransom who run in my Mum's colours. My Dad has also owned a number of horses in the past with little success. Mum seems to be the only one to be able to own winners
    Simon: remember for life: behind every success there is a strong woman

www.spontano.net

Thanks
    BLACK DRAFT (Reggie) grabbed a 3rd (his lifetime best, bless him) at Kempton Park this afternoon, while his co-homebred, PLACE THE DUCHESS, failed with only the 8th spot, in the same race. It can't be too often that two horses contend in one race from the smaller breeding outfits, and I think this might be the first time it's happened for Songsheet's Bishopswood Bloodstock.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krizon View Post
    BLACK DRAFT (Reggie) grabbed a 3rd (his lifetime best, bless him) at Kempton Park this afternoon, while his co-homebred, PLACE THE DUCHESS, failed with only the 8th spot, in the same race. It can't be too often that two horses contend in one race from the smaller breeding outfits, and I think this might be the first time it's happened for Songsheet's Bishopswood Bloodstock.
    Black Draft & Angel Sprints locked horns at Salisbury on debut, AS was by far superior.... here Although AS was bred by Bishopswood Bloodstock And Trickledown Stud for any pedants out there! The winner that day, Obe Gold, won at Southwell less than a week ago, solid form!

Thanks
    Galeota wasn't too shabby on his day either!

Thanks
    After a hiatus of a few years i'm getting back into ownership this month. I'm buying a share in Kikos trained by my local trainer Renee Robeson. He's not going to set the world alight but should provide some fun with a spring/summer jumping campaign. If nobody has seen him run he is a bold front running chaser effective at 2m-2m4f on good or quicker ground. He may well run in a few hurdles this year as he is now rated significantly higher over fences and he should be able to take advantage of a mark 20 pound below his chase mark. He was unlucky not to win more races last year so hopefully he can pick up a few quid this year. If nothing else his running style will give me something to shout about! First time owning a jumper as well..

Good luck to everyone with their horses!!!
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    I have a small share in a coupe of horses to keep me interested.
    SUE PRINCESSE is in training with Rory Tierney down in Cork - she has won a couple of races in tramore and we had a nice day down there last April when we backed her at 33/1 in the morning .
    CAPTAIN CHINNYBERT is in training with Paul Magnier in Newbridge and we hope he makes his debut soon. Big bugger for a 4yo and will probably go straight over hurdles.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

Thanks
    Good luck Aragorn and Qzy, will look out for the horses!
    Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse. ~ Anon

Thanks
    Some people are aware of shares I have in a couple of horses, some are not so for their benefit the 2 are Joe Jo Star and North South Divide. I guess the 2 sum up the polar opposites of the benefits of racing ownership. Joe Jo Star was picked up for £6,000 out of a seller at Ludlow in November 2008 and he's won 3 races over jumps including the Fakenham Silver Cup on Gold Cup day and the Swinton at Haydock, whilst he's also won 3 on the Flat, including a shocking race at Wolverhampton. The handicapper has had his say in both spheres now and he's had a nice holiday with the plan of going novice chasing early in the new year, but the weather has caused us problems and he also lame a couple of weeks ago so we've backed off with him for a little while.

North South Divide hasn't been quite so good. He's still a maiden after 20-odd starts and we claimed him from Peter Grayson out of a Hamilton claimer in the summer thinking we could win a little race or 2, but from 3 outings so far we've drawn a blank. He looked unlucky on his first start at Lingfield but has since spat the dummy out both times, particularly so at Lingfield last time. We try again back at 5f with blinkers back on at Wolverhampton tonight, but I don't think he'll get many more chances if he continues to perform as on his last 2 starts.

Thanks
    North South Divide was a horse who I looked at, at the sales a year or so ago and has been disappointing since left Roger Teal. On the face of it he looked an expensive claim at £5,000 when rated 45 though especially when Grayson is good at ruining them.

I backed him that day at Lingfield and he was given a seriously awful ride, god knows what that lad was doing, he barely moved on him. That said it was the best he ran in a while so it could be that he is best fresh.

Good luck with him tonight DJ but think Cocktail Party will be very hard to beat in that.

Thanks
    Good luck to all the new connections! Wow - we really do have quite a stableful of horses of all types, don't we? Lovely to be able to track so many throughout the NH and Flat seasons. Hope all goes well for you with NORTH SOUTH DIVIDE, DJ, but I like your JOE JO STAR very much indeed. Loved watching him winning last year - a really gallant little soul with guts.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)