Page 1 of 371 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum horse connections

Thanks

Forum horse connections

We don't seem to have a thread for discussing horses with forum connections, so I thought I might as well start one with a big well done to KNOW NO FEAR at Kempton today for Flame. Trained by Alastair Lidderdale.

(If there is a 'connections' thread, maybe a Mod can shove this over to it.)
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    well done old bean

Thanks
    Had a nice bet on him at 9/2. Shame I couldn't get on earlier at a better price but a win's a win. Well done Chris.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Roddy Owen (18th July 2017)

Thanks
    Now you tell me....
    "Have a little each way on the filly" D.K Weld

Thanks
    Well done indeed...glad to see someone having a winner during this spell!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations - actually saw the race as shoot cancelled! Also well done to the Lidderdale yard on having a double at the meeting - hopefully he can work the magic and get PTD's head in front this year...
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    Snows No Fear as Lidderdale double Litens Up Kempton

Excuse the pun !! but I thought it was rather witty.

Without doubt a day that Alastair Lidderdale will not forget, his first double as a racehorse trainer and to come at a time of the year when there is no racing over jumps and limited options to exercise your horses. Hats off to the Easterbury Cottage stables team who have worked long hours this past couple of weeks to ensure the horses have been able to go out. Working long hours in the cold is not ideal, but when making these long journeys every lot into Lambourn just so the horses can gallop, shows the importance of good hard working and honest staff whom without their commitment days like yesterday wouldn't have been possible.

So as much as its a good day for Alastair, it must be remembered that those behind the scenes get a favourable mention, Ali, Chrissi, Terry, Anthony & Holly have all earned the double yesterday and its pleasing that Freddie could collect given his lass Billy is currently off injured with a broken leg.

Praise where praise is due, and I'm delighted that Racing Uk said what was right about Litenup's win yesterday and that's what a fine piece of front running and riding from Wanderson D'Avila. As a big pace person myself the effect being able to judge a race comes second to none and you have to know what you are doing. Dav was bang on the money with a fine ride, controlling a gallop and completely rode them to sleep clinching the race 3f out when asserting. Whilst it was not the first time Litenup had hinted a win was close to hand, she readily deserved the win and it should enhance her breeding opportunities in the future, being from the same family as Wovoka & Letham Island.

For me it was a case of can lightning strike twice, well on this occasion it certainly did and January 9th is starting to be a good day for myself and Kachina Racing. A year to the day that Holly Hall partnered her first winner on Stargazy, it was Tom Queally who galvanised Know No Fear (Freddie) into a fine on the line win, going on by a neck close home to win readily. Having been purchased for peanuts in the summer, it has been a long time getting him back, but after a break with myself and steady progress with Alastair it seemed fate or destiny which ever you prefer conspired that yesterday would be the day Know No Fear found his winning shoes again landing a bit of a touch for connections. I would personally also like to thank Amy Scott for all the hard work she had put into Freddie getting him here, helping us learn more about him and coming in to ride him work on numerous occasions. Whilst she did not ride him on this occasion she certainly shouldn't go unmentioned, and I hope she can gain some satisfaction from his success.

I just want to echo on what was a great day, it simply would not have been achievable without the long hours put in, in gruelling weather this week and its good that everyone's hard work has been rewarded in the best possible way.

With Freddie, Litenup, Free Falling, Take It there & Vanadium likely to grace the sand on Friday, could it be another double or treble could be on the horizon, one thing we know is that the horses are well and fit, and that counts for a lot.

Well done team Lidderdale

Thanks
    Great stuff Chris - congratulations on the win and hope you were on the double
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Nice to see some good news. Well done to all.

Thanks
    Well done. Don't forget to buy lots of photos!!!!
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I own a small part of David Parry Racing Partnership horse Only The Best.

A winning Irish pointer over 3m, he has completed on all three starts over hurdles for Ferdy Murphy this season; finishing second in his first two starts, before disappointing somewhat at Huntingdon over Christmas.

He doesn't really impress with his hurdling, and given he is a big, robust embryonic chaser, we may look at a staying novice chase for him in the next week or two (depending on the weather).

For all that I think we're probably wasting our time over hurdles, I'm not convinced that we want to jeopardise his novice status over fences next season (the proposed race could be weakly contested) and I would be happier to see him run in a couple more novice hurdes - or possibly handicaps - to close out the season.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Another forum horse to watch - very best of luck to you with him, Grassy.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Got 4 horses Monitor Closely, Coordinated Cut, Strong Vigilance and a Holy Roman Emperor filly. Also got a share in Zaynar.

Thanks
    Seriously ?.

Thanks
    I did not realise you had shares in Zaynar too.

Thanks
    Yep seriously. Yeah i have a share in the horse fingers crossed for cheltenham again.

Thanks
    Fingers crossed for a good season for them all - very exciting !
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto View Post
    Got 4 horses Monitor Closely, Coordinated Cut, Strong Vigilance and a Holy Roman Emperor filly. Also got a share in Zaynar.
    Without sounding nosey, what brought about the decision to move from PCH to Michael Bell ?

Will Monitor Closely go to Dubai ?

Thanks
    Good luck this year Kauto - fingers crossed for a good run in 2010 and good luck in the city too
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Didn`t realise this thread was here but, my racing partner and I own,Quattrocento,No Panic,Ballyvesey all running currently when we get some bloody racing,Royal Scoundrel who won his bumper but is out for the season,Ballyhar Paddy and Santamina ready to run in bumpers,,Daison waiting to fill out for next season,Iron Man in box rest at present but coming along well,our mare Glacial Missile is currently in foal to Kayf Tara,and our old champ Ballycassidy is retired and enjoying the snow. All are in West Wales with Peter Bowen.