Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Festival: Preview Nights

Thanks

Cheltenham Festival: Preview Nights

As Grasshopper's started with his thoughts on the Cheltenham Festival, I thought I'd get us started on informing each other where the inevitable Preview Nights will be. Here's one to kick off play:

PLUMPTON RACECOURSE FRIDAY 12 MARCH

Expert panel of racing personalities, champers reception, 2-course dinner, half-bottle of wine. Reception: 7 pm Din-dins: 7.45 pm

Tickets £47 (inc VAT). Call 01273 890383 or visit http://www.plumptonracecourse.co.uk
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Anyone else have any Cheltenham preview information yet?I need to know about ones the end of Feb in Ireland especially for work,thanks

Thanks
    I went to my local last year. Mick Fitzgerald, Luke Harvey and a woman whose name I have forgotten. TBH: they focussed entirely on the big names, stables and horses whereas I wanted to know about some of the more outside chances. Good night out though.

Thanks
    Is there anyone's on the net that can be viewed and able to ask questions by typing them in.I wouldn't mind paying for it.If i'm honest i wouldn't really back any of the horses but I love to hear them go on about some horses and to see how they run always fascinates me

Thanks
    Is anyone aware of any Cheltenham preview nights going ahead in Scotland? I'm sure there was one at Perth racecourse last year although not 100% sure.
    Author of 'Narrowing the Field - Using the Dosage Method to Win at National Hunt Racing'

Regular updates at http://www.narrowing-the-field.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Official preview at Cheltenham racecourse provisionally on the Sunday before the Festival this year (14th), lately it's been the previous Friday but the times they are a changin'.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Gearoid
    Where would you get a DVD with the previous years races?

Thanks
    Have you tried ebay? There always used to be a guy on there sold copies of previous years, I'm guessing they're still in the business because I get emails after every big race meeting.

Thanks
    The NH review DVD has them,but not in full.

For that you can go onto RUK's feature page on their website.

Thanks
    6 weeks today and counting...........
    "Have a little each way on the filly" D.K Weld

Thanks
    Once again, I'll be at Hove Dogs for Gold Cup day - it's a cracking lunch, huge tv screen indoors, Tote ladies at the ready, and some fun company.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Ireland-

I'll post them here if I hear about others

FEBRUARY

Sat.20th. MEATH, Walterstown GFC, Navan, 8.30pm. €20. (In assoc. with Spoilsports ffs).
    Tues.23rd. CASTLEBLAYNEY, Glencarn Hotel, 8pm. (In aid of Shabra Charity !).
    Fri.26th. MEATH, Donaghmore/Ashbourne GAA Club. €20. (In assoc. with Bambury Bookies ffs).
    Sun.28th. LEOPARDSTOWN Racecourse (after racing in aid of Wexford GAA).

MARCH

Wed.3rd. DUBLIN 15, Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre, 8pm. €20. (In Aid of Injured Jockeys' Fund).
    Thurs.4th. WATERFORD, Woodlands Hotel, 8pm. €20. (In Aid of Friends of St Patrick's Hospital & St Vincent de Paul).
    Sun.7th. ADARE, Dunraven Arms Hotel. (In Aid of Victims of Haiti). €30. Big panel incl. Willie Power !
    Mon.8th. BELFAST, Europa Hotel, 8pm. £10..
    Mon.8th. LISTOWEL, Listowel Arms Hotel.
    Wed.10th. MALAHIDE, Grand Hotel.

Thanks
    Bits of detail on some of the above

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cheltenham preview night in Donaghmore Asbourne gaa club on fri. 26th feb.

Donaghmore Asbourne gaa club are holding a cheltenham preview night on fri 26th feb.@8 pm.
    MC on the night Tony o' Hehir

PANEL trainers Tom Taaffe
    Jim Dreaper
    Adrian McGuinness

jockeys Andrew Lynch
    Patrick Mullins

journalist Brian Flanagan (THE STAR)

SPONSORED by BAMBURY BOOKMAKERS
    music & complimentary food served in bar after
    ADM. e20 (incl. bambury free bet)
    tickets available from bambury bookmakers & donaghmore asbourne gaa club 01-8499140 (donashgaa.ie)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cheltenham Preview Night - Leopardstown 28th January

-The Wexford GAA Supporters club in Dublin are hosting a Cheltenham Preview night in Leopardstown racecourse on Sunday 28th February after the pre Cheltenham schooling (around 7pm). The panel confirmed (so far) is Gary O'Brien, Tony Mullins, Kevin O'Ryan, Davy Russell, Matt Chapman and Johnny Ward. Christian Williams is also likely to be added.

Leopardstown are selling a package for racing, schooling and preview night for €25. Tickets on the night will be €20 or can be purchased in advance at a cheaper price still to be confirmed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waterford Preview Night.

Cheltenham Preview Night in the Woodlands Hotel in Waterford will be held this year on Thursday, March 4th. Panel includes Johnny Francome, Davy Russell, Noel O'Brien, Mick Fitzgerald, Nick Luck, Mike Cattermole, Ted Walsh and another new addition this year Tom Segal-Pricewise who is sure to be a popular panellist!!!

Also anyone in attendance on the night will receive a free hat entitling them to free admission to JP Manus Pro-Am in Adare in early July.

Great value for €20. Tickets available at the hotel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre, Dublin 15

3rd March 2010 @ 8pm (Sharp)

Panel: RTE's Colm Murray (MC), Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Evan
    Williams, Colm Murphy, Gordon Elliott, Paul Flynn, Donn McLean,
    Paddy Power (Book Maker) and special Conference Call Guest.

Ticket available from Monday 1st February 2010 at (01) 8207888 (Monday -Friday 9am to 5pm) @ €20 each which, includes a free €5 bet with the event sponsors PaddyPower.com. Proceeds in aid of Jockey Injury Fund. Events includes Raffle with Star Prize of All Expenses Paid Return Trip to Cheltenham Gold Cup 2010, and Two Corporate Tickets for Leinster Football Final, along with other prizes. Full Bar facilities along with Finger Food.
    Last edited by fr wishy washy; 2nd February 2010 at 3:27 PM.

Thanks
    Cheers Fr Wishy Washy. I'm thinking i might head along to the Leopardstown one. Seems a pretty good deal. I'd be mildly interested in what Gary O'Brien and Kevin O'Ryan have to say as well.

Thanks
    Don't really understand the appeal of most of these preview nights. Far more biases and prejudices and far less insight than you'll ever read on here.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Most people treat them as a night out for a few pints and a laugh rather than hoping to glean any serious insights from them, David.

Leopardstown panel looks interesting Hezz. Chapman and Russell/Mullins (bit of a repuation for his preview antics at this stage) on the same stage should be interesting anyway! If you get bored you can occupy yourself by counting the amount of cliches Kevin O'Ryan manages to ram in!

Thanks
    I'm still a virgin to the whole thing, but i certainly won't be going for "tips". A night out as you say trackside. I should have my mind made up on my main staking races by the end of February, so it'll be purely to listen to some race talk.

I enjoy listening to Gary O'Brien and there's sure to be a few forthright opinions from Chapman.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hezz View Post
    I'm still a virgin to the whole thing

Youl meet the right man soon.
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trackside528 View Post
    Most people treat them as a night out for a few pints and a laugh rather than hoping to glean any serious insights from them, David.

Leopardstown panel looks interesting Hezz. Chapman and Russell/Mullins (bit of a repuation for his preview antics at this stage) on the same stage should be interesting anyway! If you get bored you can occupy yourself by counting the amount of cliches Kevin O'Ryan manages to ram in!
    Nail on the head trackside
    "Have a little each way on the filly" D.K Weld

Thanks
    Davey Russell always strong opinions and is worth listening to.The Waterford preview is always a good night -Nick Luck was star of the show last year tipping Punjabi and bismarcking VPU.