Thanks

Saturday 13th

3 for me today:

Master of Disguise
    Forte Dei Miami
    Antinori

Thanks
    3.10 York Macdillon

Like the look of the favourite here but the other 'M' runner for illiterative forecast purposes is interesting. Leaving any form analysis and jockey bookings aside and sticking with good old superstition, I note that this horse debuted on 15 May 2008 then won on 13 June 2008. This year it's first run of the season was on 15th May and we all know what todays date is

Thanks
    Master Of Disguise looks like a group horse in a handicap to me, he has a difficult draw to overcome though but I suspect his class will carry him through despite this negative. The 9/2 that Hills were offering this morning was all kinds of madness.

Forte Dei Miami looks decent too, should have won by about 6L LTO. Was 15/8 this morning, I'd be surprised if he went off odds against.

William Buick should have another chance to be in the winners enclosure in the last. Victoria Montoya is 11/4 and that's huge, she bolted up at Newmarket, beating Record Breaker who subsequently demolished a very decent field at Hamilton midweek. The time of that race was exceptional, she's a course and distance winner and she has probably improved for that run.

In the Scurry Stakes, I expect Noble Storm to break well from his very good draw and not see another rival. Call It On has a great each-way chance in the 3.45 York having been unlucky lto at Pontefract and Leonid Glow could be a decent price in the last at York.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm having a small interest in Holden Eagle in the amateur riders' race at York.

Normally the sort of race I avoid but I saw this horse on his last run at Chepstow and he ran well. The young lady who rides today has finished third on the horse before.

I'm not convinced that he will really appreciate the step up in trip but he is available at 27 on the exchange and a small interest won't hurt too much.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

ItalianStallion
    Sandown 13:50 Ithbaat
    York 14:05 Mull Of Dubai
    York 15:45 Tepmokea
    York 17:25 Dancing Maite
    Sandown 15:25 Jargelle

Thanks
    Leicester 8:10, Will He Wish will be my pick

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I thought the 9/2 Hills were offering earlier about MOD (7/2 later) was far too big so someone there has clearly taken a strong view that the ground won't be slow enough to allow the high numbers into it. If it is genuinely g-s, nearly all the big shouts in my book are drawn high and could end up dominating the finish.

I also like Acrostic.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I think its genuinely good ground looking at the times from yesterday. Its warm, sunny and breezy so it will quicken throughout the day. If I was Adam Kirby, I'd be looking to break quickly from 18 and attempt to make the pace up the middle, the others will follow if he takes them up the middle and therefore negate any potential disadvantage with the draw. If the horse is as good as he's priced up to be (and how he looked visually, on form and on the clock), he'll have enough class to get away with such moves and the draw.

Thanks
    Stalls at York are on the stands side, I can't see them tracking across to the far rail in that case. They'll surely race middle - stands which means Master's draw isn't as bad as first feared.

Hills must be sh!tting it, they did their knackers in this race in 2005 when Tax Free made a mockery of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    It was a maximum field of 20 today so the stalls for the big race would have covered the width of the track. The first two were drawn in single figures and to the naked eye the ground looked pretty decent. I'd conclude the high numbers were disadvantaged. Hills got it right. B&stards.
    Illegitimi non carborundum