Thread: Bookies offers & free bets

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Bookies offers & free bets

I usually start a thread like this for the big meetings, so if you know of any free bets, offers or incentives for people signing up post below.

Ladbrokes

Quote Originally Posted by Ladbrokes
    Every race will be shown live on Ladbrokes TV so there's no reason to miss the action.

We have THREE special promotions:

1) Bet between £10-£100 and get a free bet worth double your stake.
    2) Betting after the off - punters can watch the runners settle into their stride before getting their bets on!
    3) Take an early or show price of 3/1 or more on any Cheltenham Festival race this week and, if your selection wins, we will match your stake as a free bet for the next day's racing from Prestbury Park!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Paddy Power

Open a new account and we'll match your first stake up to a maximum of £25

2.40 Cheltenham
    Extra-Place Special
    To make it little easier to get your hands on some winnings, Paddy Power are paying 1/4 ODDS 1-2-3-4-5 PLACES in this race!

Your Cousin Vinny
    Get your festival off to a Supreme start!
    Supreme Novices' Hurdle
    Money-Back Special
    If Cousin Vinny wins this race, we'll refund all losing win and each-way single stakes in this race up to £200

Thanks
    If anyone still exists without a Betfair account...

...have a totally free £10 @ evens on Master Minded.

https://freebet.betfair.com/betMarke...93859&rfr=8024
    Winners have no shame, no matter how they win - Niccolò Machiavelli

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    No prizes for guessing which PR hungry Bookmaking operation has paid out early on Ruby being top jock
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Skybet paying 1/4 odds first 6 in the County Hurdle!

Thanks
    VC are 7/1 on Denman until 12pm.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Ladbrokes have announced that they are set to go ‘non-runner, no-bet’ from midnight on Sunday on the William Hill King George VI Chase onDecember 26, and the Cheltenham Festival championship races. Ladbrokes’ David Williams said: “Non-runner money-back offers tend to roll out as the big racedays approach, but we are giving our ante-post markets a shot in the arm nice and early.
    “Punters can now get stuck into their King George and Festival fancies with the usual ante-post value, safe in the knowledge they won’t be out of pocket if their selections don’t line up.”
    He added: “We fully expect it to be one of our busiest weeks of ante-post trading for a long time, and something to keep our customers warm as the cold snap deepens.”
    The Festival races in question are the Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup, Stan James Champion Hurdle, Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase, and Ladbrokes World Hurdle.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    That is a seriously good move by them and something to consider as like most punters today have been pouring over possible ante post bets. To rule out the "non runner" element at this stage is a big plus - it's only the championship races they are covering so these have settled down as we have seen most of the main protagonists. Just shows what some firms are willing to do to pull in some early cash!!
    Last edited by On The Bridle; 28th November 2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Typo
    Do not mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance nor my kindness for weakness.

Thanks
    I'd expect the others to follow

martin
    Has my eysight gone funny? NRNB on Cheltenham festival championship races from Sunday with Ladborkes? I was arguing the case for a better approach to AP betting a few years ago, and at last it's happend to some extent now with one firm.

My idea back then (probably fatally flawed as some said), was the following.

Joe Bloggs puts a monkey on a horse anti-post with Hills lets say. Horse gets withdrawn before final decs, Joe Bloggs loses his money.

My idea was to let the punter have a part of their stake back on the event the money was orignally placed on, via a voucher or something non-money.electronially orientated, and on the bookies terms, maybe 20/30/40/50 % of orignal stake, (obviously not full stake), let the punter place their theoretical bet back on the event.

After all, by the time the original horse is withdrawn bookies can change their prices, meaning they are not getting 'done' etc. Percentages of stake back could be changed and dictated by the price of the original horse, so if you originally backed a 2-1 shot you might get 15% whereas if you backed a 14/1 you might get 35%.

The only flaw I could see with this (apart from giving odds compilers headaches) would be if a really bad judge kept backing non runners etc. For that reason you would have to limit a concession like this to one strike and your out etc. I think it would work well for them handicaps where well fancied horses look to have trouble getting in a couple of weeks before the race or where there is a lot of uncertainty about the nature of the weights/horses/ground for a big handicap etc.

A nice concession for smaller punters I think, where it would put betting exchanges I don't know.

Out of curiousity, could anyone tell me why, where and how this is a bad idea? Especially those with knowledge of bookmaking industry?

Thanks in advance.

Martin
    Last edited by martin; 28th November 2010 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If anyone is going to sign up to ladbrokes to take advantage of this, if you could use the link below it would be appreciated
    Helps pay for the server costs

http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?...728)g(12543844)

You also get a tenner free bet if you use promo code FB10 when signing up (probably have to deposit something though!)