Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ruby

SlimChance
    He should retire or stop doing so much media. I wonder about his focus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    He should retire or stop doing so much media. I wonder about his focus.

The connection with Paddy Power is disgusting -last Christmas I was in one of their shops and Ruby was talking about a Mullins trained novice hurdler at Limerick -fully expected it to win-was unplaced on bottomless ground -next race same scenario with a handicapper -the sp's were evens and 9/10.How could the greatest jumps jockey of all time be so spectacularly wrong -was he going through the motions -doing the gig without any preparation or was he putting punters away on behalf of his paymasters.Either way it isn't good for the image of racing and I don't like the fact that he is so closely involved with the RUK takeover of Irish racing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Not Ruby related but Geraghty must be near the end too. In the UK today riding pretty ordinary horses. Not sure his JP partnership was successful outside the pay packet

Id say it could be his last.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    The connection with Paddy Power is disgusting -last Christmas I was in one of their shops and Ruby was talking about a Mullins trained novice hurdler at Limerick -fully expected it to win-was unplaced on bottomless ground -next race same scenario with a handicapper -the sp's were evens and 9/10.How could the greatest jumps jockey of all time be so spectacularly wrong -was he going through the motions -doing the gig without any preparation or was he putting punters away on behalf of his paymasters.Either way it isn't good for the image of racing and I don't like the fact that he is so closely involved with the RUK takeover of Irish racing.
    Through the motions. I think PP completely overestimate the notice shop punters take of the audio.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Not Ruby related but Geraghty must be near the end too. In the UK today riding pretty ordinary horses. Not sure his JP partnership was successful outside the pay packet

Id say it could be his last.
    Isn't it common knowledge he's retiring after this year?

Thanks
    Through the motions. I think PP completely overestimate the notice shop punters take of the audio.

No better man to take the easy money -Powers audio would melt your head.

Thanks
    Isn't it common knowledge he's retiring after this year?
    Haven't heard anything official
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Powers audio is a disgrace, cluttering people's minds and thinking through sheer noise and **** talk. Same with their new screens...big ******* flat screens impossible to monior prices or any information. All to bewilder the cannon fodder in the shops imo

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by trefflich View Post
    Powers audio is a disgrace, cluttering people's minds and thinking through sheer noise and **** talk. Same with their new screens...big ******* flat screens impossible to monior prices or any information. All to bewilder the cannon fodder in the shops imo
    The screens are **** aren't they. The only screen you want is the one with all the early prices. I'd love an app version.

Thanks
    Patrick Mullins rides Getaway North who seems to have come on a bit from his Down Royal run. He shouldn’t be far away.

Look at that quote from Rubys PP blog and tell me who is really being serious here? Is this just misinformation or absolute skulduggery?

SlimChance
    Patrick Mullins rides Getaway North who seems to have come on a bit from his Down Royal run. He shouldn’t be far away.

Look at that quote from Rubys PP blog and tell me who is really being serious here? Is this just misinformation or absolute skulduggery?
    Those blogs are written by a guy out of college two years ago that's never bet more than a fiver on a football coupon.

Thanks
    Those blogs are written by a guy out of college two years ago that's never bet more than a fiver on a football coupon.
    That is amusing!!! Surely Rupert gives him some detail and the rest is poetic licence? The whole thing can't be fiction or it's borderline fraud

Thanks
    It is unethical -I considered writing to the turf club licensing committee at the start of the year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    It is unethical -I considered writing to the turf club licensing committee at the start of the year.
    Totally agree, makes me sick as 9/10 they are hoodwinking the general public.

Thanks
    Totally agree, makes me sick as 9/10 they are hoodwinking the general public.
    It’s madness in no other industry could you get away with such conflicts of interests. Comes down to the who regulates the regulators question as clearly the authorities allow this practice to go on.

SlimChance
    How is it any different from analysts going on Bloomberg and recommending a buy on stock they have an interest in? Idiots will always be separated from their cash.

Thanks
    I stopped taking tips from jockeys when I was Slim's age, ie (well) before the internet.

I can't say I'm particularly enthused by it but then neither do I like trainers issuing updates on a sponsoring bookie's blog.
    Last edited by archie; 11th November 2018 at 4:01 PM.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Anyone care to guess for example what NH for example gets for putting his name to a blog?
    Last edited by granger; 11th November 2018 at 4:06 PM.

SlimChance
    50k a year apparently.

Thanks
    Had that figure in mind. Money for jam