Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    .. Is an ignorant ignorant man after listening to him this morning. I'll say what I thought last week - a real shame anyone gets injured as he has, but if it has to be anyone ...
    Last edited by Hamm; 13th November 2010 at 9:47 AM.

Thanks
    What did he say?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very short, terse replies, and had to be cajoled by Nick Luck to say more than 2 words. His remarks about Long Run were fair but came across as petty and jealous that another horse is being spoken about for the King George, and followed up his paranoid agenda that the world is out to denigrate Kauto by making a snide jab to Luck on him saying last week he wasn't overly impressed by kauto's comeback run. An ignorant man and one that is very easy to dislike. You can watch it in a few mins on channel 4 +1.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamm View Post
    Very short, terse replies, and had to be cajoled by Nick Luck to say more than 2 words. His remarks about Long Run were fair but came across as petty and jealous that another horse is being spoken about for the King George, and followed up his paranoid agenda that the world is out to denigrate Kauto by making a snide jab to Luck on him saying last week he wasn't overly impressed by kauto's comeback run. An ignorant man and one that is very easy to dislike. You can watch it in a few mins on channel 4 +1.

Give the guy a break Hamm.

Thanks
    I always thought Ruby was a knob.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar the Bull View Post
    I always thought Ruby was a knob.
    You are entitled to your opinion of course. He is a jockey I admire and the game is poorer for his absence for me.

I don't care to judge him personally from his public persona. I don't know him, he might well be a knob so might you I don't know.

Thanks
    That's true; I might.

He is a fantastic jockey.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodnok View Post
    Give the guy a break Hamm.
    How do you mean?

I am not questioning he is a very good jockey

Thanks
    How do you mean?

I am not questioning he is a very good jockey
    You don't like Ruby Walsh much it's clear but I think you are judging him harshly based on his media appearances. Don't get me wrong, I know he can be short and dismissive of criticism in his interviews at times but to say that makes him easy to dislike is in my view harsh.

I think his comments on Long Run this morning were, like you said, fair enough as were his comments re N Luck's comments on Kautoi Star's run.

Throw me a freckin bone here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    The guy is pretty down on himself, missing a hoarde of good rides and a chance of history at Kempton. He is rarely too forthright in any interview, i'll forgive him for being a miserable sod this morning
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Successful sportspeople are there to win and win only; they don't take failure lightly...Ruby and McCoy very much fall into that category. It took me years to forgive McCoy for walking away from the stricken Valiramix when he came down in the Champion Hurdle [in fact, if I'm honest with myself, I probably haven't forgiven him]. We tend to want our sporting heroes to be of the 'well done old boy, couldn't wish to lose to a better bloke' ilk. However, when I go racing I always warm to the beaten connections who always have a clap and a handshake for those who beat them, the classic example of that being David Pipe, or, with jockeys, the Graham Lees who always seem concerned for the welfare of their horses. On that subject, can I put in a word for Tom Molloy, who came to our NH preview last week and talked most movingly about the repositioning of the second last at Cheltenham. I wish Ruby a speedy recovery, and my heart goes out to him; racing is the loser when he's out with an injury..but he can be very sour a lot of the time. [Actually, just spoke to my partner who did watch The Morning Line, and we both feel that it perhaps wasn't a good idea to have Ruby on the programme this morning; even the jolliest person in the world would be like a bear with a sore head after an accident like that].
    Last edited by moehat; 13th November 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ruby is a very sore loser and no-one is allowed to question Kauto in his presence nor discuss whether any horse should take him on. A spoilt brat and you only need to see who his father is to see where it comes from.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Successful sportspeople are there to win and win only; they don't take failure lightly...Ruby and McCoy very much fall into that category. It took me years to forgive McCoy for walking away from the stricken Valiramix when he came down in the Champion Hurdle [in fact, if I'm honest with myself, I probably haven't forgiven him]. We tend to want our sporting heroes to be of the 'well done old boy, couldn't wish to lose to a better bloke' ilk. However, when I go racing I always warm to the beaten connections who always have a clap and a handshake for those who beat them, the classic example of that being David Pipe, or, with jockeys, the Graham Lees who always seem concerned for the welfare of their horses. On that subject, can I put in a word for Tom Molloy, who came to our NH preview last week and talked most movingly about the repositioning of the second last at Cheltenham. I wish Ruby a speedy recovery, and my heart goes out to him; racing is the loser when he's out with an injury..but he can be very sour a lot of the time. [Actually, just spoke to my partner who did watch The Morning Line, and we both feel that it perhaps wasn't a good idea to have Ruby on the programme this morning; even the jolliest person in the world would be like a bear with a sore head after an accident like that].
    Well said. Walsh was interviewed on RUK yesterday and was in a much better mood though.
    Ruby Walsh is a winner and is used to winning. Reminds me of a saying "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser". Crass I know as plenty of people involved in this game take defeat, and worse, on the chin but an element of truth in there I think to explain Walsh's miserable performance this morning.

Thanks
    Ruby is a very sore loser and no-one is allowed to question Kauto in his presence nor discuss whether any horse should take him on. A spoilt brat and you only need to see who his father is to see where it comes from.
    Mind you his mam seems like a lovely woman. I'm gonna leave it now.

Thanks

He said that carrying 11-1 Kauto wouldn't be off the bridle to beat this lot. What is really wrong with statement?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Talking about taking it out of context! He was speaking in the tone he usually reserves for speaking about any horse spoken of taking Kauto on - paranoid because he thinks people are comparing the horse to Kauto, dismissive and like a child unable to answer a question without perceiving him/kauto being criticised.

Thanks
    They directly asked him his opinion on Long Run in fairness

Thanks
    And the trophy for Best Inadvertent Laugh of the Week goes to Bloodnok for the priceless "Give the guy a break... ". To be honest, Blood, I think he's probably got enough at the moment!
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krizon View Post
    And the trophy for Best Inadvertent Laugh of the Week goes to Bloodnok for the priceless "Give the guy a break... ". To be honest, Blood, I think he's probably got enough at the moment!

It passed them by I'm afraid mate along with the throw me a bone line.

Ruby gave Sam Winner a favourable mention in his RUK interview on Friday so it pays to listen to the miserable arrogant sod.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodnok View Post
    Ruby gave Sam Winner a favourable mention in his RUK interview on Friday so it pays to listen to the miserable arrogant sod.
    I heard it, just didn't listen to it....
    If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.