Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Stuff

solerina
    I'd be gratefull if anyone could give any tips . I'm a Mac user trying not to pay I tunes for the new Nick Cave and REM album's . I know the REM one isn't released until 4th Oct but I'm trying to use LimeWire . Any help is appreciated

solerina
    Sorry , put this in the wrong place . If any of the moderators can transfer this to chit chat can I say thank you

Thanks
    Don't reckon that it'll have albums that are yet to be released but Cdz Limited is a good site for free music - I reckon it's osme sort of pirate set up as some of the music is crap quality but it's free at least!!! B)
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    HS, what's the new album called? :P

Ok, it's called "Around the sun" and I'm downloading it now. Let me know when you are online and we will figure out how to get it to you.
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Thanks
    I keep meaning to ask about this...

Is it possible to download backing tracks (like karaoke) or tracks from which you can then delete the vocals?

I think someone once told me you can also get software that will allow you to change the keys of the music.

(None of this is for me, you understand, it's for a friend... )

Thanks
    Hi maurice,
    there are programs about that remove the voice from the song and leave the music. Ive tried a few of these and they are not too brilliant.
    There are Karaoke tracks as well and these are obviously the best but you cannot always download the songs you want.
    There is a site where you can get midi files, quality is not as good as mp3's but may be worthwhile your friend having a look.
    Go HERE

Thanks
    Cheers, I've bookmarked it.

Thanks
    Solerina,

I used to have a mac and used the p2p software Acquisition which I was fairly impressed by.

www.acquisitionx.com or something like that.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    MO try this mate http://www.discoverynet.com/~ajsnead/allso...1/allsongs.html

I have others too and can send you a copy of kazzar light ? no pop ups on this video downloads too if you want them covers all things data music films etc etc
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    A diverse collection on here also and a fav; of mine in the lead song also.

http://users.cis.net/sammy/justwhen.htm
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Yamaha keyboards have alot to answer for............

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    its far from utopia Steve but its better than nothing I suppose? nothing like the real thing???? and I have downloaded ALL my recent favourite music over the last 3 yrs from KAZAA LITE and burn my own c/d's for use on my DVD and my in c-d in the car ..............but I had a very good collection prior to this...........

solerina
    Thanks for the help from all my friends

solerina
    I'm having great fun catching up with all the old stuff from the "past" . I'm not going to date that deliberately If anyone is in two minds about buying an MP3 player this xmas I would say don't be . I've worked out how to download stuff and it isn't difficult really. Well worth it !!!!!Alot of my favourite stuff is on vinyl so I can't play it anymore but its really easy to get it from the internet and automatically transfer it to an i-pod . From there you can play it through you're car stereo or plug it in to a friend's stereo and you're whole 10, 000 song music library is on tap . Sorry if this sound's like an advert but I'm completely converted and I still have space for another 9000 songs to fill Well worth £300 Another thing is that it takes about 1 second per song to download an MP3 with a firewire connection

Ardross
    I recommend a Project record player sols the Debut is about £100 given my record collection a new lease of life .

Project

solerina
    Thank's Ardross , that's good of you .It would be great to hear my old albums again through something like that but I have a few that I would'nt dare play . I have a couple of MC-5 albums that are extremely rare and alot of other punk /newwave memorabilia. My vinyl collection is totally protected . I know I'd scratch them if I played them

Ardross
    It is a terrifice bargain with the Ortofon cartridge . I have had one for about five years now and haven't scratched any - and a lot i thought were afflicted by surface noise and scratches sound much better than on my last turntable an old Technics

solerina
    The new Nick Cave album is the best thing he's done in years and that's some standard . I know PDJ is a fan . You should hear this .

solerina
    If it's better than Technics it can't be bad . I'll definitely look into it . Cheers Ardross

Banned
    Thanks
    MC5, Solerina? Class.