Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1433

Thread: New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Alright all. I'm tincan, 35 and live just outside Manchester. Main sporting passion is football. I'm a Man United supporter - Used to have a season ticket but now watch with mates in pub and get my live football fix from FC United.

Really enjoy watching racing but am probably what's known as a mug punter. Lucky 15s to give me an interest which usually start off with me having a winner in the first leg, getting giddy and spending potential winnings in my head before watching the rest come home nowhere.

Found this forum as used to read the page on C4 teletext. Forgot all about it for years until having a bladdered discussion in pub a few months ago and teletext pages came up, in particular Bamboozle. My memory of the teletext page was seeing Irish Jock put up winner after winner of inside knowledge. Never got involved until he said he was putting one last one up to go out with a bang. Emptied my piggy bank and got on it at 16s after it was backed from 33s I think. Went all the way into about 4s...and came nowhere. Still remember it was called 'Gower' something. Learnt to tread a lot more carefully after that!

Really enjoy this forum as the opinions and level of detail given are very interesting for a novice like me to read and there are the odd tipsters who are very impressive (although I've not yet followed one in).

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Tincan and all other newbies.
    Do not be afraid to make a contribution.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Cheers edgt

Banned
    Thanks
    WeLcome.

Bloody Manc

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm Scottish Tincan but Bobby Charlton was my childhood hero so Man Unt is well ok by me.

Don't worry about being a novice.

Great thing about the racing game is unlike horses none of us really progress beyond the novice stage until we are in our 70's

That lasts for about a week then we get alzheimer's and forget everything we learned and we're back to square one
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Speak for yourself you old goat

Welcome aboard Tincan!
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clivex View Post
    WeLcome.

Bloody Manc
    Cheers Clive - guessing you're one of our unwashed cousins from down the lancs?
    Last edited by Tincan; 2nd December 2014 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    I'm Scottish Tincan but Bobby Charlton was my childhood hero so Man Unt is well ok by me.

Don't worry about being a novice.

Great thing about the racing game is unlike horses none of us really progress beyond the novice stage until we are in our 70's

That lasts for about a week then we get alzheimer's and forget everything we learned and we're back to square one
    Bobby Charlton - him and Bestie were my dads heroes. I met Best once in, surprise surprise, a boozer in town and he was a gent. Really giving of his time and a funny lad. Met Charlton as well but unfortunately he was the complete opposite. What a player though.

I love watching it and some of the most spine tingling sporting moments I've had have been horse racing (master minded's first QM chase at Cheltenham, George Washingtons QEII win and a couple of Frankels).

Unfortunately though I just can't figure out how you read form. After a while at looking I just get muddled up and end up just going with trainer / jockey combo I like.
    Last edited by Tincan; 2nd December 2014 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks
    Hi all I'm jarv 34 from Coventry originally from Walsall, hope your all good! Use to use the ch4 teletext pages long time back just stumbled across this site really as I do use other racing forums. Owned a few legs in greyhounds but never been luckily enough to be able to afford shares in racehorses as nh racing is my main passion.Have been lucky enough to gain a few contacts within the racing world and am pretty select with my bets although I do like a trixie or Yankee for fun.

Had a quick look and there looks to be some very clued up people and a lot of informative posts to aid us all and I hope I can give my input and give the odd winner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Plenty of jumping fans on here (too many if the truth be told!!) so you should feel well at home.

A very warm welcome to you, jarv.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Morning Jarv. Welcome to TH's. Keep posting.

Given your location I hope you've abandoned The Saddlers and you've adopted the mighty Sky Blues!

Thanks
    Morning Colin, all and Maruco!

I'll do my best to aid you all! Maruco I'm actually a man u fan but Walsall are my second team played against them a few times in my earlier years hopefully a trip to Wembley next year though if they beat Preston! But no not been brainwashed into the sky blue ways!
    Last edited by jarv; 22nd December 2014 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks
    We'll see what we can do!

As a Cov fan after all those years in the Prem, it's sad that the most we have to look forward to these days is a trip to Wembley for the the final of the paint pot. As a Walsall fan it would seem like heaven, but as a United fan any trip to Wembley must seem boring!!!

Thanks
    Lol
    The current circumstances at United I'd be very pleased with a Wembley final! Will be a family day out if the saddlers get there as most of my family are Walsall fans and I've not had an opportunity to go to the new Wembley yet.

Thanks
    A happy Christmas to all members thanks for welcoming me hopefully make some good friends on here and maybe a little money lol. Take it easy all remember drink responsibly

Thanks
    Hi all

Just noticed this thread for some reason so apologies for the belated post. You seem like a decent bunch and I've enjoyed SlimChance's xmas money punts although I haven't actually got on any of them

I'm Dan, from Manchester. Red side. A fan of both codes - I love the big flat festivals and I love the jumps too. Not a huge punter by any means although winning a few quid is always a nice bonus. I like to talk horses and watch them do what they do. Hoping to get involved in ownership seriously in the coming years as hopefully the opportunities will present themselves. Love to try and work out a smaller trainer away from the obvious bunch and like to look away from the big boys where I can.

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Good Morning all,

what a wonderful looking forum, and thank you Colin for accepting my membership, I hope I can make a decent and worthwhile contribution.

I am a keen Jumps racing enthusiast, and find the horses are like old friends that come around each year (Clearly I don't get out much)

I dabble in the flat but I seem to always have an excuse as to why I don't win :-) either the jockey made a mistake, the trainer Is a crook all nonsense but it helps me feel better.

I have never been on a forum before, so this is a first for me, but is it possible I could put all of my selections in one place or perhaps have a blog section as I like to go on and feel that it will be good for me keeping a record.

I am married with 2 sons and I am a frequent visitor to all of the main tracks in the west country, I use video analysis for my selections and found that by using me eyes rather than ears has been the best thing I have ever done in racing.

good luck to all and if someone could come back to me with advice as to where to post my selections/blog it would be really appreciated

Denman
    Last edited by Denman; 21st August 2015 at 9:51 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You are very welcome, Denman.

I think you will find there is a blog section on the site.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Welcome Denman

Right at the top of the main board, under the Talking Horses banner on the blue bar is where you will find blogs

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thank you both very much i really appreciate your help.

I will keep a little blog and record of my bets there, i start work next week over the sticks so i hope to do the site justice.

Thanks again for your help

Denman