Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing On Saturday

Thanks
    Looks a really good card...

Think Tidal Bay should be taken on tomorrow. Not sure with what but I will be very interested to see how his jumping holds up at Presbury Park.

Franchoek looks a good thing in the juvenile hurdle unless the Nicholls horse is well above average.

Meanwhile Kazal returns to Fairyhouse tomorrow in a bid to break his maiden tag over fences. Faces the useful Sizing Australia so that should tell us alot about him.

Thanks
    Frankchoek does look a good thing, has gone up in the weights since his last win, but i would imagine he is more than better than the rivals in the race.

Not sure that Harper Valley should be second fav to be honest either.

Will be interesting to see how Pouvoir steps up in trip, had a feeling that he needed a long trip when seen last time out. Pigeon Island in the same race could run a good race at a fairly big price too (9/1).

I personally cant be having New Little Bric at the odds in the 2.40 either, so i will pass him over but i may opt for something at a bigger price as non of the market leaders really appeal to be honest.

The Bula looks an awesome contest, a really good declaration of runners for the 3.10 here. I personally hope Katchit runs well on a track that he loves and can lead home a very strong field. Will be good to see Straw Bear getting his first run of the season too.

Looks a very good day's racing tomorrow at Cheltenham.

Thanks
    Great card, very competitive as I've been unable to work out a viable placepot! - I like to do them at these big meetings as they can be worth a lot of dosh.

12.20 I also like FRANCHOEK
    The second race is a real poser, no bet imo, all have plenty to prove
    1.30 GOOD BYE SIMON

2.05 Re TIDAL BAY connections say he needs a flat track [tho not sure why as he has won and posted 2 x 2nds at chl] - on the other hand he will be racing over his best distance tomorrow. I wouldn't lay him... much depends on whether Duc De Regniere has got over whatever made him run a stinker fto - and whether he takes to fences. Only other poss danger is Nude And Nurdle - but yard gone right out of form suddenly.

And in the big chase I've gone for an e/w on PALASHAN at 7/2 and a slightly bigger one on IDOLE FIRST at 18/1 as I can't see him being out of the frame - c/d winner x 2, yard in flying form and the horse saves his best for here. Quite like Knowhere and Il Duce but both carrying a lot of weight, esp Knowhere. I don't think the two at the top of the betting are Sat Handicap horses - ie won't like bustle of a big field

Thanks
    With you on the chase Headstrong as I reckon both Palarshan and Idole First will be in the places at least.
    Depending how the early races go might have a real go on Straw Bear in the last.

Thanks
    Sorry that should be 7/1 Palarshan!
    And that *Nude* horse is Nudge And Nurdle!

Anyone else find the type is so small when you are writing posts, you can't see typos till the post is up on the board

Thanks
    I was about to point out that you've been had at 7/2, HS!!!

I like Palarshan a lot as well.

There's a very interesting runner at Lingfield in Khazar in the 1320. He's a big horse who looks very much like fences will suit, goes on heavy and to my eyes was given a rather tender ride last time out at Cheltenham when a big price in a novice hurdle.

Just so as you lot can hammer me again, I do think that Katchit can run a big race in the Bula. Cheltenham will suit him much more than Newcastle and he wasn't really disgraced there in the Fighting Fifth.

I like Tidal Bay a lot but I know Duc De Regniere is very highly regarded and is a lovely type of horse, he looks like he'd come into his own over fences. It was good to see Nicky have a winner here yesterday after a quiet period so that is in his favour as well and with the inclusion of Tidal Bay he'll be a backable price. It's very interesting though that Hobbs is pitching Gold Medallist into such high company after more than 2 and a half years off; they clearly still think a lot of him.

Tom George's Zanir is worth a second look in the juvenile hurdle as well - he ran a much improved last time out at Newbury and is a fine looking animal who looks like he'll improve a lot with maturity and go on to be a nice chaser in time.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    GONE TO LUNCH has been massivley underestimated in the last at Cheltenham. 9/1 6th fav in the Rp?! Hello.

Excellent spelling error there, I'm gonna leave that one in !
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Thanks
    9/1 with Betdirect and Betterbet UG.
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Disappointing that the Triumph Hurdle fav couldnt shrug off the eventual winner. How come AP didnt ride him?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Gaz's Way De Solzen@Dec 14 2007, 10:35 PM
    Frankchoek does look a good thing, has gone up in the weights since his last win, but i would imagine he is more than better than the rivals in the race.

Not sure that Harper Valley should be second fav to be honest either.
    "A proper staying horse who loves the job, he has to be ridden handy to make the best use of his stamina. The Triumph is an obvious long-term target, but he'll also have an entry in the Ballymore Properties, as he could be vulnerable to speed horses over 2m on good ground" - A King on Franchoek in the Weekender on Wednesday.

Topspeed horse? Harper Valley TS 125, next nearest 120, and Franchoek on 116.

Now fear not this isn't a case of after-timing (quite opposite) I sat their weighing this evidence up and wondering what to make of it. Eventually I decided that although Harper Valley had shown the best figures and an ability to run to the level required, so had a few others who'd finished ahead of him. Perhaps he was just a useful sort who'd been sucked into a couple of fast races I concluded, and duly sat it out. cry

It has all the omens of being a long day
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 15 2007, 12:47 PM
    Disappointing that the Triumph Hurdle fav couldnt shrug off the eventual winner. How come AP didnt ride him?
    Was he bought after the declarations?
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    I only noticed it when I turned on the race that he was under new ownership.

Another shrewd purchase for McManus...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Anyone have any information about a firm called PartyBets..

Never heard of them before but the 100/30 they seem to be going about Sublimity is an absolutely massive price..

Thanks
    I think they are part of the PartyPoker group who are pretty well established.
    Winners have no shame, no matter how they win - Niccolò Machiavelli

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Cheers BM.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Gaz's Way De Solzen@Dec 14 2007, 10:35 PM
    Will be interesting to see how Pouvoir steps up in trip, had a feeling that he needed a long trip when seen last time out. Pigeon Island in the same race could run a good race at a fairly big price too (9/1).
    Thought Pouvoir needed a step up in trip, has got that today, and has just won at a nice price.

Thanks
    Good stuff Gaz, hope you were on.
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Glad i was, after the way i ballsed the first race up.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks
    Thanks Martin, Glad i was, after the way i ballsed the first race up.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks
    If you forgive his last run and accept that the jockey looked after him once he was out of it, then New Alco cannot be discounted from the big one