The Listener 5 - 2
    Beef Or Salmon 10 - 1
    State Of Play 12 - 1
    L'Antartique 16 - 1
    Mossbank 16 - 1
    Snowy Morning 16 - 1
    Offshore Account 33 - 1
    Hi Cloy 50 - 1

Great to see so many British horses entered otherwise the race really would fall apart.

There seem to have been rumours regarding Denman but as ever connections have been very honest and come out and said he has coughed a few times but has not missed any work and seems in great form. Track and going should suit him ideally...could really see Ruby kick on and press The Listener for the lead just coming out of the back straight.

Interesting to read that The Listener might go for the Ryanair Chase at Cheltenham this year. I think connections still remember him falling into a hole in the Hennessy but that was down to the rider going much too fast early on more than anything else. If he goes hell for leather again against Denman he will really set it up for him.

Thanks
    The rumours about Denman appear to be about as accurate as the ones that did the rounds in October, perpetuated by people with nothing substantial or concrete to report, only a desire to peddle gossip, that he was out for the season....
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Well Nick Mordin's developed a new toy to play with 'sectional timing chases on U tube'. Suffice to say he thinks The Listener is going to gub Denman based on his new insight
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Denman and The Listener get into a suicidal dual upfront and set it up for the staying on....

... you know the rest.

Thanks
    I think connections still remember him falling into a hole in the Hennessy but that was down to the rider going much too fast early on more than anything else.
    I hope you realise you've inadvertently agreed with Nick Mordin. He reckons, after you adjust for the going, that The Listener "reached the eighth jump in that race a full 5.8 seconds sooner than he had in the Lexus".

Thanks
    Current going is Good To Yielding at Leopardstown. Forecast is a dry week with a possibility of some rain at the weekend…..by Monday its meant to be back cold and dry. Far the from the usual bog it is.

Thanks
    From a betting perspective I'm thinking that a "to place" play is the only way to go (assuming 8 turn up). But which one......?

Thanks
    Oppose Beef Or Salmon on the like goodish ground. I would take Mossbank to finish ahead of his stablemate but weither he is good enough to bustle up the front two I dont know.

Thanks
    I'm thinking L'Antartique. But since everything I put up here gets stuffed, maybe I won't bother now.

Thanks
    I hope Denman will win. It will keep the ideas of a fantastic Gold Cup come March alive.

Thanks
    Afistfullofdollars
    Denman
    Beef Or Salmon
    The Listener
    Mossbank
    Forget The Past
    L’Antartique
    Offshore Account
    Our Ben
    Schindlers Hunt
    Slim Pickings
    State Of Play

Thanks
    Not so sure about L'antartique, Ferdy Murphy's horses seemed to have declined in form a bit recently.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wouldn't bank on the ground being goodish just yet, with fairly heavy rain forecast for Sunday night (23rd) and more forecast for Christmas Eve.. surely won't be anything like what we've had the last couple of years though..

Thanks
    Def wait for the weather as you have 3 or 4 ground-dependant horses running at the top of the market. I'll back Denman if it's Good, RFCT Denman and The Listener if it's Soft, RFCT the Listener and Beefy if it turns really Heavy. GS will be a close call

Thanks
    Yeah the forecast has certainly got that bit wetter!

Thanks
    DENMAN HEADS LEXUS SIX
    By PA Sport Staff

Denman will take on five rivals in the Lexus Chase at Leopardstown on Friday.

Paul Nicholls' Hennessy hero attempts to galvanise his Gold Cup credentials in the Grade One over three miles.
    Ruby Walsh's mount faces stiff opposition from last year's winner The Listener, who looked in rude health landing the spoils in the John Durkan Chase at Punchestown.
    Ten-time Grade One winner Beef Or Salmon has claimed this race on three occasions and teams up with the rejuvenated Mossbank from Michael Hourigan's yard.
    A strong British hand is strengthened by the inclusion of the Evan Williams-trained State Of Play and Paddy Power Gold Cup winner L'Antartique.
    The Listener's connections are cautiously optimistic about their chances of lowering the colours of Denman.
    Nick Mitchell, assistant trainer to Robert Alner, said: "It's raining at the moment, which is obviously good news, but it would need to rain all day to have any real effect.
    "The ground's easy enough as it is, though, so we're fairly confident.
    "He travelled well - he always does - and seems to really enjoy coming to different places.
    "It's not just about Denman - there's Beef Or Salmon in there again and he beat us last year (in the Irish Hennessy).
    "But he's in top form and we think we've got a good chance."
    Williams is acutely aware of the magnitude of the challenge that awaits State Of Play.
    The 2006 Hennessy winner was turned over when favourite for the Charlie Hall but is reported to have improved for that second-placed finish behind Ollie Magern.
    "He's a better horse now than he was at Wetherby - probably 4lb or 5lb better," said the Welsh handler.
    "The trouble is we'd probably need him to have improved by about 14lb to win the Lexus.
    "It's such a good race and I'd be over the moon if he finishes in the first three

"We perhaps should have gone for the Rowland Meyrick (at Wetherby on Boxing Day) but we wanted to give him another chance in a Grade One."

Thanks
    Hard to believe that the only Irish trained horses to run in King George and Lexus Chase this year are trained by Michael Hourigan.

Credit to him..of course....but damning of the rest.

Thanks
    Some heavy rain forecast for tomorrow but it might arrive after the big race.Limerick might be a little on the soft side.

Thanks
    Virginia Preuil might be a bet at Limerick.

Thanks
    Easy win by Denman! Looked like a training canter to me. Good performance by Mossbank. I think he is pretty underated by many. The Listener was solid but is not the horse who can win a Cheltenham Gold Cup.
    Can't wait to see Kauto Star and Denman clash at Cheltenham!
    ....as they jump the final fence....