Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boylesports Hurdle

Thanks
    Gets 8lbs and is in great form--travelled over today---flat calm seas.

:xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree:

Thanks
    If Sublimity happened to put in a right stinker-and stranger thins have happened-I could see the Champion being 6 or 7/1 the field.I could see my selection for the Champion -Sizing Europe-being a single figure price on Monday morning.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    ive taken big price on macs for champion so hope and expect big run out of him this weekend
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Sublimity is 3/1 with Paddy Power for the Boylesports hurdle between 12.00 and 12.15 today. Which seems fair enough to me.

Edit: That seems to be for phone bets only. Mind you if you don't have an account already you can have €50 on with them and another free €50 bet on it as well.

Thanks
    3/1 for a race at the Weekend, yet Mark Winstanley was imploring his readers under the headline "Snap up the 4/1 about Sublimity for the Champion" this week. I seem to have scribbled underneath it 'only if you don't know how to bet, or don't mind losing money'. I do wonder if some of these journo's are in league with bookies sometimes. Like most fragile racehorses (he's more fragile than most too) you need to take 25% off his ante post price this far out. Why would anyone want to take 3/1 about what should be a more competitive race 3 months away, when they can have the same price in 48 hours? I've criticised Winstanley a few times as I genuinely think he's very, very poor. One of my biggest gripes with him, is that he tries to harvest extremely short priced selections which is imo, punting suicide. His own advert brags of having winners "up to 8/1" woh!!!! Advocating 4/1 ante post is plain stupid, even if I can follow his demented logic. Mind you, he does admit to having conceived of the idea whilst supping a few pints It doth cloud ones judgement, and losen one's pockets Mark!!!

For my part, I'm still to be convinced that the horse is the real deal and not a very lucky inheritor of the mantle. Did he win it? Or did Brave Inca, Hardy Eustace, Detroit City, Straw Bear and Ikitiaf all conspire to lose it for different reasons?

So far this season we've seen a few of the grade 1 winners from Cheltenham turned over first time up.

Voy Por Ustedes - second
    Katchit - third
    Kauto Star - second
    Ebaziyan - enough said!!!
    My Way De Solzen - fifth

Denman and Inglis Drever are the only two to have obliged I think. I think the percentage call is to go the other way. Far from Sublimity winning well and his price collapsing to the 2/1 Winstanley hypothesises (he think's he's "burgled" the 4 with Corals) And not that I think his hypothesis necessarily justifies the bet anyway, but I think there's a better chance it'll remain unchanged, or go the other way a bit.
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Think Macs Joy is a cracking bet and conditions suit him well.

Despite what connections of Sublimity say if he loses on Saturday it will be a blow as he goes so well fresh.

Thanks
    Katchit won first time up this season at Aintree. That makes the first time up stat virtually meaningless - as it was anyway in the context of this race. The point about 'why back at 3/1 in March when you can do it in 48 hours' is much more valid.
    Some horses are doomed to have been considered to only have won because of the deficiences of other horses or riders. Ramonti would be a case in point. Sublimity was impressive enough in March that he shouldn't come into this category and looks to be a reasonable but not outstanding price if you take the Champion Hurdle at face value.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    As someone who sang the praises of Sublimity well before he won at Cheltenham I would say that the light campaign he had last season suited him down to the ground-an egg and spoon race followed by the big one.Its going to be different this season.

Thanks
    Seems to be alot of money around for Desert Quest or is that just the stable form being factored in?

Thanks
    Macs Joy has to be the e/w thief's steal at 5/1 in the Boylesports International Hurdle. Hardly ever finishes out of the places, genuine G1 animal in a G2, race fit after lto, the good ground that he craves in a dead-eight field.
    Winners have no shame, no matter how they win - Niccolò Machiavelli

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 14 2007, 10:15 PM
    Seems to be alot of money around for Desert Quest or is that just the stable form being factored in?
    In spite of the yard effectively dismissing its CH prospects...

I've backed it EW today as I think it's got a great chance at the weights.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Mac's Joy for me.

Thanks
    receiving weight, getting his ground, after having his prep race, Macs Joy gets my nod
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Desert Quest win and in a exacta combo with Macs Joy for me.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Dont understand the MACS JOY fascination, though the weight concession is helpful here, surely his chances of winning a Champion Hurdle are behind him. I think OSANA can run a big race here, as can Katchit.
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Thanks
    That was horrible.

Thanks
    Poor old Mac's Joy

Thanks
    very upsetting

Thanks
    Great old servant, very sad

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ###### it anyway. Raw stuff.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."