Thread: Danetime (ire)

Thanks
    I thought I would comment on the significant loss this stallion has now become to both the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere, in particular Australia.

Yesterday at Ascot race course, in Perth, Western Australia, the deceased son of Danehill sired yet another winner. Megatic, a 3yo colt, took out the feature on the card, the Group 1 $500,000 Kingston Town Classic over 9f.
    It was Megatic's 5th win from only 6 career starts. The only time he has failed to win is when 2nd two starts back, where he was held up for a run.

Danetime stood in Western Australia for 4 seasons, from 2002 to 2005, and has produced just 230 live foals in Australia, of which 165 are named. His oldest are 4yos and youngest have just turned yearlings. He is the sire of 6 stakes winners, all of which have been achieved in 2007.

I have followed Danetime of recent months in Europe, where he sired the Prix Morny winner this year in Myboycharlie, a beautiful well balanced colt, who is to very typical of the Danehill breed.

I hope he does well next year in his quest to win the classic features for the 3yo's.
    Megatic's main aim now looks to be the Doncaster Handicap in Sydney, worth $2 million to the winner.

Thanks
    Thanks Grand Armee. It's great to have these reminders of what's happening Down Under to bring a wider perspective to our view of sires etc [not to mention the odd betting opportunity!]