are very

it's not worth anyone posting here unless you are in with the "crowd"

it's like being invisible

sorry to mention it..but it's been on my mind a while

just my opinion

probably won't get a response anyway

Thanks
    I'll respond EC1

It's something I often used to find and it certain areas it still is, however many are just a bit tongue in cheek and its best not to take to heart.

Some stand out like a sore thumb but keep on posting and always state your beliefs, even if no one agrees, its your own opinion and that counts for more than anything, never go back on what you feel.

Banned
    Thanks
    thanks Chris

I weren't having a go at anyone..just a bit frustrating sometimes

it might be worth taking on board though as new members are lifeblood of a forum..and to be honest it's quite hard to break into the "crowd" here

this place is no different from other boards..or groups of folk..that know each other...an outsider has to struggle a bit etc

it's just a view I thought you guys should know about

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Come on and talk sense and everyone will not only listen to you, they'll love you.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I should say perhaps EC, I don't regard myself as part of an 'in crowd' in any way what so ever. I've only met a few of the members on here, and then only very fleetingly, I could probably count them on one hand in honesty. I suppose over a period time you start to build up a sense of familiarity etc You know what buttons to press to generate what response, and who will bite on various subjects, but for the most part, 99.5% of my correspondance/ interaction remains strictly cyber. Indeed I can only imagine what some of them look like, but over a period of time you build up an idea based on little nuggets they leave. I rarely get into hate or even dislike mode with it (frustration, and disapproval from time to time? yes - but that's different). God I can even put up with my old sparring partner from the general chit chat threads. I must admit though, I spent about 6 - 9 months watching the dynamics and interactions before getting involved
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Most forums, whether racing-orientated or not, can seem a little cliquey at times. This one is about average, I'd say. Trf is similar, no worse no better, but with a twist: whenever Ms Hislop turns up, as she does occasionally, the masturbatory rush of gentlemen posters thinking that she's physically there wanting to be their friend can be quite embarrassing.

Thanks
    I get that when Spoons posts.
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can seem a bit cliquey from time to time, but I have always found that if you have a point to make, and are prepared to make it in a logical manner, that you will stimulate debate/discussion..

Thanks
    Making points in a logical manner is one thing bound to rattle a clique!
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I cant agree mate ....it WAS very much a clique! on here prior to the exodus.. but I am speaking as one of the original members of this forum....

But please don't stop here... tell us more, I personally do not belong to any clique!
    and post as an individual with no other member either backing me or me them ...

I stand alone and always have on the racing boards that I am a member of and have done so in excess of 12 yrs now..............
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am happy to announce that an ECM (Extraordinary Clique Meeting) last night the following members have been elected forthwith.

EC1
    Chrisbeekracing

The following members have been elevated to stage 2.

Warbler
    Trackside528.

Welcome aboard, Lads.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    I am guilty of ignoring posts from people who I don't recognise.

I will add your name to the list of posts to read EC1.
    Welsh and Proud.

Banned
    Thanks
    thanks guys and gals

:laughing: @ An

Thanks
    I will ignore you on purpose now EC :laughing:

Banned
    Thanks
    i've tried to ignore mesen Harry for a long time now, wish it were possible

Thanks
    EC1 - I think you need to move to a more fashionable part of London- if you were WC1 perhaps they'd take more notice

Mounty
    7, Holland Park Mews
    London W11

Gearoid
    Holland Park,
    Holland Park, W11

This truly stunning top floor, two bedroomed split-level apartment offers contemporary living with state-of-the-art fittings and features throughout, amazing 44'9 reception room and a private roof terrace.

So you live in a loft conversion?

MOTION - Mounty elevation to Stage 4 be suspended for 12 months and he be returnded to the gutter (the lowest level, especially of society: Final Furlong Racing)

Banned
    Thanks
    I'd say. Trf is similar, no worse no better

No

Less so

Thanks
    Ah UG Im gonna take that as a compliment whether it was intended or not!! :luv: :luv: :luv:

Thanks
    It's something I often used to find and it certain areas it still is, however many are just a bit tongue in cheek and its best not to take to heart.
    Spot on Chris.

To be honest I am not sure what else can be done to remove the "cliquey" label that has come with this forum in the past. I think a couple of years ago it might well have been valid or had some foundation but not anymore. The forum has done it's bit, now its up to the individual members to pull their socks up, be brave and get stuck in.