Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tingle Creek

Thanks
    Kauto Star appears amongst the entries.....

Thanks
    That's just greedy

Thanks
    Ashley Brook (IRE) 9.g K. Bishop
    Demi Beau 9.g Evan Williams
    Gemini Lucy (IRE) 7.m Mrs J. Harrington,
    Hoo La Baloo (FR) 6.g P. F. Nicholls
    Kauto Star (FR) 7.g P. F. Nicholls
    Lennon (IRE) 7.g J. Howard Johnson
    Mansony (FR) 8.g A. L. T. Moore, Ireland
    Monet's Garden (IRE) 9.g N. G. Richards
    Oneway (IRE) 10.g M. G. Rimell
    River City (IRE) 10.g Noel T. Chance
    Royal Shakespeare (FR) 8.g S. Gollings
    Schindlers Hunt (IRE) 7.g D. T. Hughes, Ireland
    Twist Magic (FR) 5.g P. F. Nicholls
    Voy Por Ustedes (FR) 6.g A. King

Thanks
    I actually think, in general, it is a good idea to run these classy stayers over shorter distances to keep them sharp, especially their jumping. When they get used to running slowly and staying on, is there a risk they will become slow?

That said Kauto was never quite as hot last year after the Tingle Creek. Maybe get the King George over with and go for something like the Game Spirit chase as a Cheltenham prep.

Thanks
    Hopefully I will be going on the Saturday & it will be my first "Proper" racecourse trip, nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end :laughing:

Banned
    Thanks
    think i read yesterday that he would only run if it became very soft,...and not certain even then

Thanks
    Originally posted by Melendez@Dec 3 2007, 01:29 PM
    I actually think, in general, it is a good idea to run these classy stayers over shorter distances to keep them sharp, especially their jumping. When they get used to running slowly and staying on, is there a risk they will become slow?

That said Kauto was never quite as hot last year after the Tingle Creek. Maybe get the King George over with and go for something like the Game Spirit chase as a Cheltenham prep.
    im of the same opinion mel, not wanting to blunt their speed. but also to prove how versatile he is & how good he is. Judging the the media orgasm of Denman's victory, Kauto Star is beginning to look the forgotten horse.

Thanks
    Forecast looks pretty wet for the rest of the week and we all know that Sandown can get heavy---I somehow doubt they will run KS, some good judges think he may have peaked--if they stick to their plan they are less likely to feel like monkeys if it does not work out.

:xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree:

Thanks
    How far does Kauto Star have to decline (and I don't think he is) before he can't beat the current crop of two milers?

FWIW I don't think Nicholls will run him - it sounds like Clive Smith has talked him into entering him just in case it is a bog, but only a week ago Nicholls said:

"I know we won the Tingle Creek last year but this horse is not a two-miler. He is a stayer and will be staying over this trip now."
    Winners have no shame, no matter how they win - Niccolò Machiavelli

Thanks
    A WEEK after his next-door-neighbour wrested the Gold Cup limelight away from him, reigning champion Kauto Star could be given an early opportunity to prize it back.

Wet weather in the run-up to Saturday's Grade 1 Paddypower.com Tingle Creek Chasemay yet see Kauto Star attempting to show Denman, his Paul Nicholls-trained stablemate and Cheltenham Gold Cup joint-favourite, who's boss, following the latter's sensational Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup win last weekend.

The ground at Sandown looks set to be "well on the easy side" on Saturday - and Nicholls has already aired reservations about running Champion Chase prospect Twist Magic on a soft surface.

Should he defect, that could leave the door ajar for Kauto Star to bid for back-to-back victories in the 2m showpiece. William Hill go 8-11 'with a run'.

Nicholls said on Monday: "Kauto's fine if we want to run him. I only put him in case it rained all week and the ground came up soft or worse. It was just to have the option."

On the day KautoStar was entered for the Tingle Creek last year, Nicholls and owner Clive Smith described the engagement as "tentative and "just a maybe".

However, 24 hours later Kauto Star was deemed all set to run, with Nicholls saying "we don't want to mess about".

Unlike last year, though, Nicholls boasts a leading fancy anyway this time in the shape of Twist Magic, who was on Monday installed 3-1 second favourite, behind Voy Por Ustedes at 6-4, by the sponsors.
    Nicholls, who also has Hoo La Baloo among the 14 entries, added: "If it was very soft I would be getting nervous for Twist Magic. It might be a Friday decision if the ground were testing, but I would definitely not run both him and Kauto Star. Hoo La Baloo will definitely run.

"TwistMagic won his prep race well at Kempton in November and if Voy Por Ustedes and Monet's Garden run, it's going to be a very exciting contest. Twist Magic is very well and we'll be expecting a good run but I'm not going to say he'll win.

"He has never run over fences around Sandown, but he's a good jumper, so hopefully the railway fences won't cause any problems."

Nicholls has risen inexorably in the jump trainers' title reckoning over the past month, and another big-race win this weekend would see him power further clear of the chasing pack.

At the start of November, Nicholls lay in seventh place, but big-money wins for Kauto Star, Denman and Mr Pointment, among others, have resulted in him leapfrog six places in the championship table in four weeks.

Thanks
    I'd say there's little, nay no, chance of Kauto Star turning up.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Well, there's plenty of rain forecast for the rest of the week and I expect the going on Saturday will be pretty desperate.

Thanks
    I am told that at today's HWPA awards, Clive Smith said that he thought it was quite likely that Kauto will run.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I was of the opinion after his Aintree run that Kauto Star might want a trip now to be seen at his best.. not sure at all what to make of that run now though to be honest so I'll leave the race in all liklihood..

Fair play to connections if they do decide to give it a go..

Thanks
    I dont think he will run , it would be a mistake to put him here, I think he was not the same horse last year after the Tingle Creek,

if I owned the horse I would keep him for Kempton and try to win the bonus again.

Thanks
    I refer back to Paul Nicholls' observation after KS's last win, that before Aintree he had been training KS with 2 milers and it hadn't suited the horse - he switched after the Old Roan to training him with stayers and in his opinion the horse was much happier. Do we detect a slight difference of opinion underlying this horses's campaign between trainer and owner? - the latter clearly wants to win another Tingle Creek!

Thanks
    Who wouldn't want to watch their champion stayer win three Tingle Creeks in a row?

Thanks
    Well quite, but it would make things difficult for a trainer who had expressed himself convinced that one of his all time star horses now needed three miles - and wished to train him accordingly :what:
    It will be interesting to see where the horse does go next!

Thanks
    Personally, i dont think they will risk him, not so close to Kempton.

Thanks
    as far as i am concerned i think the tingle creek will be run at a good lick on saturday and my fancy for that is ASHLEY BROOK who will make them all go. i am a bit afraid bout him bein taken on up front. opinions anyone?