Thread: 5lb Penalty

Thanks
    Mr Pointment will get a 5lb penalty for next Saturday's Hennessy after today. Now I know he will be targetted at the National but surely after that impressive display, Mr Nicholls will have to seriously consider running him providing he is fine and well. Especially with many horses out the handicap.

Thanks
    Alot of trainers certainly would send him out again next Saturday, but despite being worth a hell of a lot of money, todays race was very weak and The Hennessy is not.
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Thanks
    Whilst this race may have been weak, you can hardly say he wasn't impressive, he jumped fantastic, travelled well and looked a very well handicapped horse. Bewleys Berry was no mug in 2nd and i must say it was yet another excellent ride from ST.

Thanks
    Its true that I could hardly say that, so I didnt !

Another factor of the race, in terms of its competitiveness and attrition rate was that there were only about 6 with a chance in the final mile and a half, no fault of the winner, but that will not be the case next Saturday.

Good bit of placing by Nicholls and Walsh, who suggested The Becher Chase straight after the race at Cheltenham last time.
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Thanks
    I have to agree with Chris - another good ride from Thomas, what is going on?!

Don't be getting me thinking he'll run in the Hennessy Chris - that'd get two of my TTF lists well up in the leaderboard if he won that!!!! Got a cob on that I didn't manage to get Mr Pointment and L'Antartique in the same list, despite having them each twice in my 6 lists, along with KS in all of them. For a few minutes I thought I had a 114 pointer list already!
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    God you aftertimer :laughing:

I must be on similar points to you then Dom

I have Exotic Dancer, Mr Pointment, Bewleys Berry, Hardy Eustace, Afsoun and Racing Demon all on one list.

With Denman, Grant jack, Katchit, Star De Mohaison for company.

unfortunately one of them will acompany England in the next eurovision on Nil pts.

Thanks
    Why is it aftertiming to mention TTF lists? Who'd give a flying feck what I'd have if I were to have posted them up?!?! :laughing:

Unfortunately Chris, you won't have earned any points for Exotic Dancer, Bewleys Berry or Afsoun!

L'Antartique is the big point scorer so far on 57.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    There's only one real TTF
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Knew you would bite though dom

Thanks
    It's not like the TTF results are top secret. If you're doing well enough to make a difference at the top, the proof will be there for all to see when the updates are released.

Thanks
    Will Nicholls not try and look after his handicap mark and go for the national?? Thats the way id be thinking.
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    quote[Whilst this race may have been weak, you can hardly say he wasn't impressive, he jumped fantastic, travelled well]quote

And not forgetting STATE of PLAY jumped like a stag in last years Hennessey.... and some said it was an inferior field........... bollocks... the fences have still got to be jumped to win it, you know.................. :xmastree:
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]