Thread: Carberry Booked For Abragante

Thanks
    Hennessey booking for Paul Carberry must suggest they think they have a serious horse here as he's also in the King George.

Thanks
    murphy banned & they just want another top jockey on board. who else would you expect to see on him, rodi greene?

Thanks
    Forgive me for being so stupid JFT

Thanks
    I don't think this is a dig at AP - Abragante if he gets in is likely to be on too low a weight and moreover JP or Jonjo will surely have a runner .

More interesting will be who rides Well Chief - surely that will be AP if available.

Thanks
    Think the owner could do with a big race winner, D. Johnson was seemed a bit down in the dumps on telly on Sunday.

Thanks
    Johnson has already stated that he wanted Carberry as his quiet style and way of kidding one around should suit his hound of an animal.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    I'd be delighted for the thoroughbred population if DJ never won another race EVER
    I've lost count of the good youngsters he's had through his hands who have been ruined imo by being pushed too far too soon, to satisfy his ambitions and punting

Thanks
    Oh here we go again !!!

Thanks
    Originally posted by Headstrong@Nov 20 2007, 04:30 PM
    I'd be delighted for the thoroughbred population if DJ never won another race EVER
    I've lost count of the good youngsters he's had through his hands who have been ruined imo by being pushed too far too soon, to satisfy his ambitions and punting
    That doesn't seem to square with Johnson's preferred jockeys of Murphy and now Carberry who are in the main quiet and sympathetic riders.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Hutchy+Nov 20 2007, 07:15 PM-->
    QUOTE (Hutchy @ Nov 20 2007, 07:15 PM)

Thanks
    Originally posted by Headstrong@Nov 20 2007, 06:30 PM
    You sure?

I'm pretty certain ALL of Johnson's good youngsters have gone to Pipe and he's not the only owner in the yard who's had good youngsters go up the swanny. I'm quite sure DJ cares a great deal about his horses
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Well as I keep saying, we are all entitled to our opinions, and that's mine - which comes of several years of watching DJ's horses and their campaigns - and from nothing other than that. So it's in its way a purley 'objective' opinion. He may, like a few other people, have learned a few things over the years - I hope so.

Can we please stop labelling as 'crap' any opinion we don't happen to agree with?

Thanks
    DJ has been blighted by some shocking luck over the years as I'm sure you are aware HS, promising young horses such as Cyfor Malta (injured), Gris D'Estruval (fatally injured at Aintree), Tamarindo (promising horse), Eudipe (fatally injured at Aintree), Man On The Hill, Marcel.

Are they a victim of DJ's ownership or of Pipe's training methods?

Johnson moves horses to different trainers - he now has them with the likes of Brendan Powell, Emma Lavelle, Paul Nicholls, Hen Knight, Ferdy Murphy, Peter Monteith and has recently retired a couple of out of form staying chasers who I'm sure forum members have backed for Cheltenham races ante-post before now. That's not the sort of thing someone obsessed with winning or who doesn't care about his horses would do.
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Nov 21 2007, 01:57 AM
    DJ has been blighted by some shocking luck over the years as I'm sure you are aware HS, promising young horses such as Cyfor Malta (injured), Gris D'Estruval (fatally injured at Aintree), Tamarindo (promising horse), Eudipe (fatally injured at Aintree), Man On The Hill, Marcel.

Are they a victim of DJ's ownership or of Pipe's training methods?

Johnson moves horses to different trainers - he now has them with the likes of Brendan Powell, Emma Lavelle, Paul Nicholls, Hen Knight, Ferdy Murphy, Peter Monteith and has recently retired a couple of out of form staying chasers who I'm sure forum members have backed for Cheltenham races ante-post before now. That's not the sort of thing someone obsessed with winning or who doesn't care about his horses would do.
    He's also been happy to give horses away cheaply on the understanding that they be given a good retirement home.
    handsome is as handsome does

15. Similar Threads

1. Paul Carberry
      By harry in forum General Racing Topics
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 25th May 2017, 3:36 PM
    2. Paul Carberry
      By Guest_ in forum General Racing Topics
      Replies: 136
      Last Post: 23rd January 2012, 11:24 PM
    3. Philip Carberry
      By numbersix in forum General Racing Topics