Thread: What Doya Make Of This

Thanks
    Question. You have also owned a Derby winner in Motivator.

Answer. My husband is a member of the Royal Ascot Racing Club, in whose colours he ran. Sadly we couldnt get there that day, but we have since bought some shares in him as a stallion. I think if we had owned the horse outright we might have made the effort! But we were very excited and absolutely thrilled for everyone involved.
    We actually joined for the facilities at the racecourse rather than the horses that are leased in the clubs name. The facilities at the course are fantastic; unlike some people we use thwm in the winter as well, its tremendous value.
    With the club you can actually go along with a couple of friends and have a really nice day out without having to go to all the effort of renting a box. I find its always more fun to do it that way, whether theres 12 or 20 people, theres no obligation to fill a huge box, everyone can just relax and have fun.

Sounds like they dont want to mix it with the common racegoer amongst the members or what?
    <span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:red\'>adapt or perish</span></span>

Thanks
    I've been thinking about racing clubs, you have the board (those who go racing with all the horses and manage the syndicate), the horses (8-10 etc at any one time) and then 300,000 members paying £250 a month. Surely there aren't that many gullible people out there?
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    Different people put different things in to racing. Different people get different things out of racing. Big deal.
    Winners have no shame, no matter how they win - Niccolò Machiavelli

Kathy
    Royal Ascot Race Club facilities appear first class and if you can make use of them all year round and like mixing with the elite, then it's worth considering. I thought the cost was very expensive, but if people have that sort of money to spend and can enjoy the fantastic facilities that the Club offers then fair play to them. As we already know different people get different things from their racing and how much they can afford probably dictates the options open to them. Clubs like Elite (for example) for someone who has never been involved in racing before is possibly a great introduction on a budget. The Royal Ascot Club is definitely the other end of the scale. Horses for courses.