Thread: Tidal Bay

Thanks
    I usually think Norman Williamson is an excellent pundit but I had to disagree with him about this horse today.

First I think he is a horse of immense potential and ability but I was not impressed with his round of jumping. When asked (and when he found a stride) he was most impressive but most decent horses are. But when the pace quickened up and the stride wasnt there I was really unimpressed with him.

Granted improvement should be forthcoming but I thought his trainers pre-race comments about him certainly being no Morceli was interesting coming from a usually bullish trainer. One to take on when the better novices apply the pressure.

Thanks
    I think he jumped well when asked for a big one but seemed to struggle when he got in close to a couple. He struck me as one that should go down in trip rather than up though, so much pace.

Thanks
    I was very impressed with the way he found a leg having took off a good couple of strides early at the open ditch and then banked the top. Many horses after this will lose there way on a reappearence but he was back on the bridle. I thought he jumped a bit big down the back but the horse has a good cruising speed and would have been better suited to a stronger pace. I personally think he wasn't doing much over the last couple he fiddled and Dennis let him run down them.

I personally think he is one of the most exciting novice chasers in the country and I would be surprised if he wasn't a major force in any Cheltenham novice chase this season. I'm quite tempted to take the 12s available on both races full well knowing he will never be a 12/1 shot on the day and would be a good green screen bet.

Thanks
    I took the 16/1 available with Paddy Power for the Sun Alliance before yesterdays race so happy enough with that. Just hope they dont go the Arkle route and JDC's comments about stepping back in trip is a tad worrying.

I thought it was a good enough debut over fences.
    <span style=\'color:green\'>www.yewtreeracing.com</span>

Thanks
    Todays run makes me even more convinced he is not one to be trusted jumping wise when he is really tested. When he meets one fine he is very good but I wouldnt be confident in him.

Thanks
    I had a feeling there was a touch of the Kauto Star's when he was upsides at the last for sure Gal. Made more than 2 or 3 mistakes which over that trip is quite a few. Could be founding wanting at one of those tricky fences come March (or January from what connections said)
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Thanks
    He ran well enough I thought, even if he did jumped well, he might be a in between horse, between 2m-3m. The engine is certainly there.

Also, I was really impressed by Striking Article, definitely the best bumper horse so far to have won in England.

Thanks
    Having just watched the replay on RUK, I agree he was a bit novicey---he is a novice---but when they quickened he jumped better. His form was franked by Albertas Run who beat Sizing Australia on Sat.
    Hope he goes for Arkle as he seems to have pace and stamina.

Thanks
    TB is a very likely faller in my book once he run in a competitive race at Chelt,Hay or Kmp.