Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Jack Ketchum

Thanks
    If he hacks up in the two mile race will they be tempted to keep him to that trip….particularly as the stable has W Lineman for the staying races?

Thanks
    Had he run in (and won, natch) last year's Champion, I'd have won a seven figure sum. h34r:
    handsome is as handsome does

Thanks
    He is now a non-runner....needs more time...sounds like last year all over again!

Thanks
    Interesting that he's had a wind-op.

Thanks
    What does everyone think????

I wasnt impressed at all, he is definitely worth a try over 2miles.

Thanks
    Didn`t find much really. I`d like to see him in a match versus Harchibald over two miles just for a laugh.

Thanks
    If he was a dog, or even just a complete bridle horse, he'd have lost today. He obviously found something - at the end of 3 miles, does he still not stay? - to give the runner-up 8lbs.

Thanks
    He won`t stay in top company. He gave Faasel 8lbs but in a handicap he`d have given him twenty. I`ve backed him at big prices for the Champion so i`m biased i suppose but he`s surely worth a try over shorter.

Thanks
    His performance was reminiscent of some of the performances of ONE MAN
    I could be the judge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Thanks
    I dont think sending him over 2m is the answer. I dont think he is much better than what we saw today. He isnt a dog. I think he does what he can for his jockey, just isnt as good as some thought. I think that anyone with racing knowledge was expecting it to be a bit tough for the horse once Faasel was travelling on the turn in. The CHannel 4 tam suggesting that BJK was cantering all over them and that it was surely a matter of how far, are well wide of the mark. He will iwn a couple more of uncompetitive conditions races before being exposed in better class IMO.
    I went swimming in the Caribbean. Animals were hiding behind rocks

Thanks
    Good point about the weights, Euro. Do you really think he'd cope with having to travel a clip faster in the Champion Hurdle?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    I'm not trying to be contrary but I was quite impressed.

It wa a muddling race and he was giving a horse withdecent form over shorter trips weight in a five furlong sprint. He got involved in an eyeballing match and outbattled the other one, the pair drawing miles clear.

Welcome back, Jack.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Nov 3 2007, 04:02 PM
    Good point about the weights, Euro. Do you really think he'd cope with having to travel a clip faster in the Champion Hurdle?
    I really don`t know, i suppose it`s possible he`d be taken out of his comfort zone. But he looks like he travels a lot better than Detroit City. Do Sadlers Wells line animals get stamina or speed from their male line over jumps? Or does BJK`s stamina come from his dam side?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That is about all he is. The staying hurdlers are moderate though, so he will remain over exposed relative to his real merit.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    I thought this horse was a superstar as a novice but this performance for me was probably about as good as his Aintree effort behind Mighty Man which will leave him plenty to find through the season. He looks worth trying over 2 miles though I wouldn't know whether or not its the key to him, he just doesn't look quite the same horse to me.

Thanks
    I've frankly come close to giving up discussing this horse and am at a bit of a loss to explain why he seems to command so many coulumn inches and such affections. Even as a novice there were enough question marks about him for me, and I duly drew down no shortage of incredulity when I first suggested so. My opinion hasn't really altered to be honest. He benefits from the fact that he's in the weakest division (almost be default staying hurdlers are poor relations). I'm sure once again when he's pitched into top open company he'll be caught out, it's just a shame that the cupboard is so bare. Let's be honest, it's not as if Faasel hasn't thrown the towel in now and then and gutsing it out against that particular benchmark is hardly the most ringing endorsement. He was entitled to win today, and to do so more convincingly than he did
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    What the hell is wrong this forum

Good days racing today even if Ollie Magern managed to win a poor Charlie Hall. We had Taranis at Down Royal. Some good racing at Ascot. A few decent novices both today and yesterday.

And the only jumps thread is about this bloody beast!!

Thanks
    I think Taranis will win plenty this year. Really like the horse. Nicholls could have the top three in the Gold Cup betting before in Feb. Super jumper.
    I went swimming in the Caribbean. Animals were hiding behind rocks

Thanks
    Originally posted by Bobbyjo@Nov 3 2007, 05:05 PM
    What the hell is wrong this forum

Good days racing today even if Ollie Magern managed to win a poor Charlie Hall. We had Taranis at Down Royal. Some good racing at Ascot. A few decent novices both today and yesterday.

And the only jumps thread is about this bloody beast!!
    So what are you waiting for?

Thanks
    I tried on the Down Royal thread from yesterday, alas, it petered out.....asked for reaction to Megans Joy and there was none. I despair!