Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Keep It Friendly

Thanks
    I'm a bit bemused to login today and find I've missed a third barney inside a fortnight!

What's the James Bond line from The Man With The Golden Gun? ''First time is happenstance, second time coincidence, but third time and it's enemy action?''

Anyway, I can't see anything above mostly harmless banter and I think people might be over-reacting.

As for the call for Ardross to step down (from the normally calm and measured Merlin The Magician), well I have noticed in the past that Ardross stands out among the moderators in being a bit heavyhanded in his approach to moderating, but I've also made the peace with him lately and I get the impression his heart is in the right place.

Perhaps if Ardross could amend his moderating stance a tad so that it falls into line with the more tolerant policy of Songsheet and the others, I'm sure all can be be well again once again back in this cyber enchanted forest.
    Banned

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ardross is not the problem, although a bit hair trigger on the smite key. We know who the problem is.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Ian Davies - The Regulatory Board for Moderators?
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Derek.Burgess
    A sense of humour failure can do more harm than good.

There are many points of view.

All contributers should be allowed to have them,even if they are at variance with others.

Let sleeping dogs lye,lie,lay(or otherwise assume the postition),or Foxes for that matter.

b

Thanks
    Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Sep 19 2004, 03:56 PM
    Ian Davies - The Regulatory Board for Moderators?
    Far from it, Martin - if Davies doesn't keep his nose clean, he faces being kicked out on his arse the same as everyone else here.
    Banned

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Ian yes a truer statement you’ve never said/posted mate, moderation! is the operative word!! not just to cut threads to the detriment of the person (being accused of doing things which is a total!! load of lies) when all I did was post A joke in the first place........ and other posters supported my thread stating the aggressor was @ fault and out of order, even a moderator contributed to it. But then the main moderator (Mr deleter) chooses to side with the aggressor and deletes my evidence**

**But a stewards inquiry is in progress now………. and this time the evidence is all kept on my p/c.............nuff said.
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Let`s move on.This is all rather pathetic.

Thanks
    It maybe pathetic to you DD but to one who feels agrieved with justification in my opinion pathetic it certainly aint.
    I read the the first posting on the thread started by MTM which was just another of his many humourous jokes and quite harmless.
    Then along comes what you can only describe as an unwarranted attack and quite rightly MTM defended himself.

Accusations and generalisations were made by this person and in one case denied
    by someone implicated.

There is an injustice here and double standards are being employed.

Derek.Burgess
    I am not at odds with your post sir.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Thank you 221bar1 I NEVER POSTED THE THREAD TO BE ATTACKED IN THE WAY I WAS..............

More generic nonsense . If you have a girlfriend or any other kind of friend (although I'd be surprised ) we would like to hear some real life stories if you have any .Please stop boring the majority with your right wing / sexist / racist offerings
    THATS WHAT IT SAID IN CASE YOU MISSED IT AFTER I HAD POSTED A JOKE................TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER..........

WELL HERE IT IS(THE JOKE) JUDGE FOR YOUR SELF IF IT SHOULD HAVE HAD THE ABOVE REPLY ?

............................ 5 THINGS A WOMEN WANTS..................................
    1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
    2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
    3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.
    4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Banned
    Thanks
    It is not just DD who finds this pathetic. Kids at my school move on faster.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Paul this can't be allowed to be swept under the carpet I have informed the board owner Col of it also.......... I am requesting something be done about it as stated I kept all the said threads as its called one upmanship to beat the deleter and present the proof of the alledged offences note plural?....

I offered an olive branch by posting the other full thread that he deleted and because it was the truth it was deleted (I have a copy of that too)

YOU CANT RUN SOMETHING ONE SIDED ITS OUT OF ORDER ALONG WITH THE SENDER OF THE THREAD LETS HAVE A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD NOT RULES FOR ONE AND NOT THE OTHER.

Lets move on when its a level playing field read the thread where she calls me a freak etc (hate to see a real freak she would drop dead from fright) I see he NEVER deleted that did he he has double standards as stated by another poster on this thread.

Heres the other bit she posted still on line to this very minute..............

Nah Merlin ,All 25 stone of you should be clutching at straws. She thinks you're a loser too . How surprising . must be your attractive personality not to mention your sparkling bigoted wit Before you retaliate I was unfortunate enough to meet you and you kisssed me on the cheek in a very sleazy lingering way . You gave me the creeps you freak Beware all people

And there is no DOUBLE STANDARDS ON HERE????? PULL THE OTHER ONE MATE AND RESIGN FROM THE POST OF ADMINISTRATOR for ARDROSS I got no grouse against the other ADMINISTRATORS..............

Thanks
    How did all this start?

Banned
    Thanks
    God only knows but I hope it ends tonight.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Yes I must reiterate my phrases his post as become untenable because of his biased views (one sided) you cannot have a moderator (all the others are very good and do act in an orderly/proper manner) who takes sides as I have proven again! this guy must do the honourable thing and hand in his resignation, you cannot have people who use their power (only on one side) and not keep a level playing field and have double standards as others have said/proved also..........

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Desperate Dan@Sep 19 2004, 08:08 PM
    Let`s move on.This is all rather pathetic.
    DAN you think it pathetic how would you react if it was you that was attacked?? by the said person? but you'r commenting on something you have not seen or read which is really foolish ain't it! you should read the said threads then cast your judgement! and see if it was then pathetic? there is a huge injustice here that needs to be rectified that's all I am requesting, and to make sure we don't arrive here again in the near future ARDROSS MUST RESIGN...........

Thanks
    Problems round here tend to be in the head of the person or persons with the problem. In alphabetical order:

Ardross will sometimes not recognise the difference between moderating and editing.

Merlin will sometimes post things that nobody much is going to find funny.

Solerina will sometimes get upset by things not worth getting upset about.

These things will keep happening.

Accept them or bugger off.

Thanks
    Or else just all listen to the words of the Barney song.....they mean something you know:

"I love you, you love me"

"We're a happy family"

Thanks
    Oh for Christ's Sake Merlin, give it a rest! As I said, you were both out of order and that topic was reported to me by others on here - I would have deleted it if James hadn't already done so..

Anyone would think a capital crime had been committed! I would agree Solerina over-reacted re the joke (which I've actually heard before but with a male version... I thought it was quite funny) but you would have been better advised to have dealt with the matter privately between the two of you.

Now, as has been asked before, take a deep breath, realise that life ain't fair, injustices occur, move on but - hey - at least you haven't been called a CA lady, honey!

Now that was mean..... B)
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    Next verse Aidan.
    "I love you, you love me, we're all friends like friends should be".

Martin B)
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega