View RSS Feed

Outsider

Great st wilfred/ayr gold cup

Rate this Entry
A bit disappointed in the great st wilfred field tbh and I've already lost money as I did music society at 33/1 and Easterby has took it out.
Its interesting to see Blackrod has changed stables and has left M.Dodds for E.Bethell which seems strange. Same owner.
I have just done SUMMERGHAND 13/2 6 places with skybet.
If they are trying then I cant see it being out of the first 6 of 14.
This race is worth over 50g and the ayr gold cup over 70g so it's worth winning.
Summerghand has been dropped another 2lb so really is well hcapped.
I've also done INTRINSIC BOND 12/1 and Connor Beasley rides as Blackrod as moved stables.
This horse was 4th last year and even with a 5lb penalty for winning last time it is still 6lb lower than last year.

The Ayr Gold cup is still over a month away so I will have to be cautious.
I love these big sprint hcaps and all the excitement of will hold up horses get the breaks and
Great ambassador summerghand and silver samurai all need some luck.
As I say summerghand is very well hcapped but that could alter after saturday.
I've took 20/1 boosted to 22s SILVER SAMURAI
I watched some of his races and the horse excites me.surely it's only a matter of time before he wins a big one.
Another one I will be interested in is NOMADIC EMPIRE who is 40/1 with coral.stablemate of summerghand and has dropped in the ratings from 102 to 95.
I put this in my alerts when it finished 4th and it got put up but after a lot of uninspiring runs hes now on a good mark.
Last years winner Bielsa 25/1 Popmaster,forget its last run where he was on the wrong side and was hampered more than once,are on my long list.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

One thing i always try to remember about this race is that you need to be up one rail or another so very high or very low draws ae what you're looking for.

It seems to me that Summerghand looks just so good here, given his last two runs and the fact that he's drawn in stall 3.Really, he looks so good that I don't trust it and although I'll back him, for sure, I'll be looking for something 'darker' that might cause a surprise. I'll be looking for very high or low drawn horses.
    Alligator alley runs tomorrow 11/8 which is not my sort of price but 25/1 for the symphony group hcap at york next Wednesday is.
    Maybe it needs to win tomorrow to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    Alligator alley runs tomorrow 11/8 which is not my sort of price but 25/1 for the symphony group hcap at york next Wednesday is.
    Maybe it needs to win tomorrow to get in.
    Yes, Goughs.
    FYI, AA is currently on 85 (BHA today) and last year the bottom weight was 87 so 5Lbs extra would be ideal, put him on 90. Anyway, atm there are 31 entered and last year the field was 22. A mark of 90 would see him at 24 in the weights so only two would need to drop out.

Haha. Tried to get a double for AA to win today and Wed. No dice. Singles only allowed.
    I see NOMADIC EMPIRE is down to run in the Symphony group hcap so I've took 33/1
    Dont know if it will run or not but I'm sure this horse will win a good race eventually so I have to keep backing him and hes become well hcapped.
    STONE OF DESTINY 428nm tomorrow 5 runner race and jamie spencer rides
    4/1 couldnt believe the price.i know its 6f but I dont think that's a concern.
    Job done and a 7/4 SP. Nice. he'll get in the Symphony now.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorick
    Job done and a 7/4 SP. Nice. he'll get in the Symphony now.

Yes job done unfortunately I took 5/4 with hills.still its paid for my symphony group hcap bets.

Alligator alley 25/1
    Nomadic Empire 33/1
    And added
    Count d'orsay 25/1
    Some alerts for saturday

GOODNIGHT GIRL 255C 4/1 ran well in the scurry last time
    GOLDEN APOLLO 423d 7/1 well worth a go at 7f.
    DOCUMENTING 300Nb 7/1 slowly coming into form.
    SIR DOTTI 550c 25/1 only placed twice in 22 which is uninspiring but 10lb claimer and well drawn.

I read about REVERBERATION this morning which runs in Ireland tomorrow and I forget if he won it last year or was 2nd and was drawn bad last year as he is again but hes 12lb lower.he was 8/1 berf/up this morning.
    WD with with Intrinsic Bond
    Very good call on Intrinsic Bond. Well done mate.
    Nice one.
    Thanks chaps.a good day but profit reduced due to stone of destiny disappointing.
    Reared in stalls again but I have to wonder now.should not have been 9/2.
    And another downer was finding I had backed summerghand to win instead of ew.
    I must concentrate.
    Nice to see Documenting win again and the 7/1 was a bonus.

Looking forward to york now.and trying to work out the Omeara runners in the clipper logistics.
    Good pick with Intrinsic Bond, mate. Good price @ 12's.
    Good pick with Intrinsic Bond, mate. Good price @ 12's.
    Bit of a bonus I actually had 10/1 Documenting.
    SILVER SAMURAI has been taken out.doh

SUMMERGHAND is still the one to beat.rated 112 last year and with his penalty he still runs off 102.
    I've just done FIVETHOUSANDTOONE to win at 25/1 on the the exchange as a alternative.
    Grand Ambassador did well to avoid a penalty on Saturday.