View RSS Feed

yorick

Wednesday 10th August 2022

Rate this Entry
Not a great days racing in terms of worthwhile bets.

I had originally intended to do Climate in the Salisbury 3.30 but although it's Frankie's only mount at the meeting and seems to have the very best chance on it's recent Gp2 2nd, My feeling is that the price, for a 'good thing' seems, funnily enough, too long. If she was showing even money, I think he might be more of a bet.

For that reason, I'm swerving her and instead go for an ew in the race in the shape of:

Kind Gesture - 3.30 Salisbury 7/1 Ew Unpl.

What an unsatifactory affair this was. I'd be interested in anyone else's view of that result. Won by a horse, Rousay, rated at 85 - 18Lbs inferior to the second! I thought this could only have occurred through a falsely-run race. Looking at the times of all the races at the meeting shows that it was not the fastest by comparison. The Cl 5 handicap in the following race, also at 10f, was actually almost a sec quicker. I suppose we might, then, assume that this listed race should have been a lot speedier than that. There again, how come the winner, given his rating, only started at 13/2? It may that this filly is improving and they knew it.

She absolutely smashed the field when winning her second maiden by 10L and then was set a higher goal next time at Ascot in a Gp 3 but was beaten there over 1m. However, this extra 2f, I'm thinking, will suit well. The time of her 10L win was better than course average and she was eased so it does point to an extra 2f giving no problems. If there is one to upset Climate, it could be this lass.

The stable has had three winners from their last seven and I think 7/1 represents good value.

It's unusual for me to back a horse to win two handicaps in a row but I thought Amathus won his Brighton race so well that he worth another go under a 5Lbs penalty at Salisbury.. The pieces did the trick then and the confidence of the victory may get more improvement from the gelding.

Amathus - 1.30 Salisbury - 11/4 Win Unpl

A muddling affair and my fellow could only get going late - too late.

2 x singles
Ew double

Good luck

Not a good day. I suppose it's too much to expect to have the sort of form I've had without the odd blemish. Let's hope I can keep sensible and only put up those that merit it. Be prepared, though: if I see nothing of worth, I won't post.

Updated 11th August 2022 at 7:58 AM by yorick

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments