View RSS Feed

yorick

Wed 3rd August 22

Rate this Entry
Morning.

After yesterday’s debacle, the only way is up, as they say.
I’ll have three today and hope that they give me some sort of a run.

My first, and one that’s on my alerts, is:

Amathus – 4.10 Brighton 11/1 Ew Won 11/1

I noted this fellow at Newbury three runs ago (6f Gd OR 64) and thought that he looked like needing an extra furlong. They stuck at 6f for the next run (no joy) but lto they did, indeed, up him to 7f (Chep g/f OR 60) and I was full of hope. Unfortunately, the wheels came off and I was ‘gutted’.

I see that they put the pieces on here for the first time, go again over 7f with a further drop in ratings (OR 59). Strictly on the book, through a line with Iconic Knight, he really shouldn’t beat today’s rival Redredrobin but I’m hoping the pieces will bring about the sort of performance he’s capable of. He’s 7Lbs below his LWR, after all. I don’t normally back at Brighton but I’m willing to make an exception with this lad.

Next, I’m looking to this one:

Electric Love – 7:10 Yarmouth 9/2 Ew 2nd 9/2

Here’s another with first-time pieces. I am taken by her first run of this season at Epsom (5f g/f OR 74) when she met trouble and was unable to justify favouritism. Since then she’s been fav on 2/3 occasions and not won. Subsequently her mark has dropped to 67.

Last season she scored back -to-back wins at Yarmouth, so we know the track suits. She’s back to the watering hole here and the reduced mark coupled with the headgear give me hope that she can give a good account of herself

Lastly, over to Kempton for the last.

Amalfi Bay – 8.50 Kempton 17/2 Ew Unpl

The issue with this race is pace. It’s a 2m affair yet, with no visible pacemaker, it may well turn out that real stayers may be at a disadvantage.I had originally wanted to back Smart Champion, who obliged for me lto but he’s an out-and-out stayer who probably needs further than 2m so he’ll not find a moderate pace playing to his strengths.

In Amalfi Bay, we see a horse who has only raced over the distance once before (Sept 21 Ling). That day they raced at a very steady pace and he was unlucky when interference cost him a win. It was thought that, without trouble, he would have prevailed. The slow fractions there may show us that a lack of pace in today’s race could suit him. What’s more, Ryan Moore is up and he is, we can agree, a master race riding tactician

AB hasn’t been on the Kempton surface before but he ran well at Lingfield and trainer Charltons know how to win here with their few runners showing a good strike rate (4-15 + £9. 48).

3 x Ew singles
Ew trixie

So, there you go.

Let’s hope for better than yesterday, at any rate.

Updated 5th August 2022 at 7:26 PM by yorick

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

A nice profit secured today with a winner @11/1 and a place double so no complaints from. Dare I say quite the opposite?

Good to put Tuesday's farce behind me.