View RSS Feed

yorick

Tuesday 2nd August 2022

Rate this Entry
A good day.

And a good day it was yesterday. I put two up on here for two ew singles and an ew double. One winner @6/1 and a 2nd @25/1 (actually got 40/1 during a brief window in the betting) so I was was well pleased.

Today's fare looks the distinctly average, if that but I'll still give it a go with three that I've studied up and hope will acquit themselves well.

That's a trappy race at Kempton, isn't it, Reet?

There are any amount that seem to fall out of the stalls or need holding up, one of which is Scot's Grace. This represents the form of Chester the other day, where Tippy Toes ran, Outsider. I know we both think that horse may well win something useful before long so SG ought to figure here on bare form. The only trouble is she does have a habit of blowing the start of her races and I do hate horses that do that; there's a hill to climb right from the start, let alone traffic problems.

I reckon Ayr Harbour is a little high in the weights at the moment, Reet, and I'm not sure that this course will show him up in the best light.

There's no doubt that, on his best form, Barbill would pick these up and carry hem home but that form tailed off at the end of last season. Here he is, with a new stable, first time up this term and if he's revitalised, he's a massive danger. The stable, mind, is 0-10 in the last fortnight so there's a caveat.. I will probably have a little Ew insurance, so's not to miss it.

My selection will be:

Punchbowl Flyer - 7:50 Kempton 22/1 Ew Unpl

This another who's form has dipped of late band the mark has dropped accordingly (6Lbs below LWR). Looking at the collateral form with Capote's Dream, he's incredibly well in, I think and although that one may be bolstered by the addition of the visor, I'm hoping that the fitting of the visor also to PF will have the desired effect. He's run at Kempton as a 2yo and went well enough so I have no worries for the course. He's won in the past making the running so that may be a positive against so many that that miss the break or need holding up. Perhaps, if the visor doesn't light him up too much, he can avoid any traffic problems.

22/1 looks too tempting to miss, for me.

I'm looking at Catterick for my next choice, the 3.15.

It's a poor old race, that's for sure, and one that won't take much winning. In short, I go for one that refers to my selection yesterday, Wynford. My pick is:

Miss Scarlet - 3;15 Catterick 12/1 Ew Unpl

She was second to Wynford last October, staying on, and that could be good enough here. She'll stay and has won on the soft. Good value, at 12/1, given the paucity of talent on show.

Lastly, I go for my strongest fancy for today in the shape of:

Mint Julep - 8.50 Kempton. Unpl

Last October, he ran against Owen Little over the c/d. He gave that one 5Lbs that time, was denied a clear run, and was beaten 1.75L. Today he re-opposes with an 8Lb pull. Somehow OL is 13/2 and MJ 25/1. What's more, jockey Joshua Ryan has a 28% strike rate for the stable with a profit of £48.88! Win or lose, that's a price that must be taken. It looks outstanding to me.

So, there you go. I hope this is of interest and will give some insight into today's offering.

Good luck

Updated 5th August 2022 at 7:28 PM by yorick

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, it doesn't get any worse than that, I'm afraid.

A laughable no-show from my horses, there.

Back to the drawing board.

Ho hum.
    Updated 2nd August 2022 at 9:26 PM by 2017diary