View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Goodwood Day 5

Rate this Entry
Goodwood Day 5

Just two worthy favourites to finish an enjoyable Glorious Goodwood. Must be over seventy years since my dad first took me (in company with a coach load from the Swan & Sugar Loaf which was my parents pub).

1:05. Classic had a very impressive debut at Newbury. Slowly away, he raced in the rear and made good late headway to finish fourth without being put under any pressure whatsoever and without getting a clear run and having to be switched. I suspect Pat Dobbs was dying to give him a crack, but Hannon would have had him for breakfast if he had. I thought he looked a classy horse. Probably going to be too short, but might stick him in a double with the next one who is also going to be short.

2:45. Sea La Rosa opened her season with an impressive win in a Group 3 and followed up last time with second place in the Lancashire Oaks Group 2 when she took the lead two furlongs out until she was headed by Free Wind well inside the final furlong. She has the best form here and should take all the beating, but her price will reflect that.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, that ended the week quickly. - 2.5 the final tally ignoring differences in bet size.I think if I do this again that I ought to indicate bet size beyond just calling some fun bets. I only had two full bets in the week - Kyprios and Migdam and one half bet - Sacred. The rest were fun bets of various small sizes.

Ps: Sea La Rosa is drifting, so will leave her alone.
    Updated 30th July 2022 at 1:38 PM by barjon