View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Goodwood Day 3

Rate this Entry
Goodwood Day 3

After a nightmare of a day yesterday I’ve got a 2yo slate today aside from in the first. Caution reigns. Net -1 now.

1:50. Migdam won over 1m2f at Doncaster like a class horse despite meeting plenty of trouble on his first and only run this season. He was bumped 2 out then got short of room and had to fight a bit to get clear when he romped off and won going away. " This fellow has gears, stays well and I couldn't pull him up afterwards." said Cieran Fallon afterwards. Up 6lbs, but I don’t think that’s going to be enough to stop him. Really looking forward to this one.

2:25 Two from the notebook in this one which is never good. Chateu ran 4th behind Little Big Bear in the Windsor Castle before winning well at Newbury over an extra furlong despite being bumped at the start and twice being denied a clear run before and entering the final furlong. His performance can be marked up a bit. Royal Scotsman ran third behind Bradsell in the Coventry and that’s good form. He was headed approaching the final furlong, stayed on ok, but was run out of second towards the end. Difficult to choose between them, but I think Chateau has the edge. Will be guided by market.

4:10 Far Shot ran at Ascot last time on his handicap debut where he was not best positioned behind horses, squeezed for room 1 fur out he had to be switched and would have been much closer to the winner. He’s gone up 4lbs for his trouble which could make the difference now. Will be guided market again.

5:20 Sparkling Beauty made a very promising debut at Newbury. She was pretty green, but ran on into second without being given a hard time, although she didn’t have much chance with the winner. Be interesting to see how she goes here. Market again.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've followed you in on migdam and chateau but while I was looking for something to go with them,Migdam went from 10/3 to 11/4.

Good luck BJ
    Migdam was disappointing inn3rd I thought he was coming to win the race until the Godolphin pair got going. I suppose I should have looked more closely at the opposition. As desert posted it was there to see.

Backed both Chateau and Royal Scotsman in the end. C first then RS as the money came for him. One paid for the other.

Far Shot drifted so didn’t play. Ran ok, was put in the right position, but didn’t find anything.

Thank you Sparkling Beauty. Saved the day and almost paid for Migdam.

Today - o.5 cumulative - 1.5