View RSS Feed

Outsider

Ante post

Rate this Entry
I was reading the sporting life website and saw Matt Brocklebank had put 2 up for goodwood so I thought I would have a look and put some early thoughts up.
The problem is some of the prices are diabolical but there are a couple that are better than the rest.

TACTICAL 20/1 for the International with bet365.earlier in the season I thought it ran a good race although beaten and R.Moore wasnt hard on it.it then ran a good 6th at Royal ascot before running well over a mile in a listed race on Saturday.

In the stewards cup I've took 33/1 with skybet on
WHENTHEGAMBLINSDONE who was a bit unlucky on Saturday at ascot when finishing 7th.usually runs over 5f but this 6f should be ok.a couple of others I will be keeping an eye on as well are NOMADIC EMPIRE and SUMMERGHAND of O'Meara.
Summerghand is a standing dish in these races and Nomadic Empire is a horse who caught my eye earlier but hasnt really showed anything yet and badly drawn he finished last on saturday.

In the golden mile I think FRESH at 8/1 has a good chance even though he disappointed in his last race .RHOSCOLYN is another but was so disappointing in the bunbury cup and was eased down and finished last.
But at the prices I think OUZO is too big with Paddy power at 33/1
A bit unlucky last time when 3rd but caught the eye.
Unfortunately I dont have a PP account so I will hope betfair will go the same price.

So my early bets are
TACTICAL 20/1
WHENTHEGAMBLINSDONE 33/1
OUZO 33/1

I reserve the right to change my mind a few times between now and then.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It should of course be WHENTHEDEALINSDONE stewards cup
    I've added a couple more.

CHIEFOFCHIEFS 16/1 for the International.
    BLUE FOR YOU 25/1 golden mile not certain to get in but ran well for 2nd last weekend.
    I must concentrate more as I said in the golden mile FRESH had a good chance when I meant the international at ascot today.
    Not in the golden mile.
    I did it in some a/p dbles but not singularly.

What another good run from Bless Him.
    I've added a couple for the golden mile.
    I've always been a fan of D.O'Meara and last year he had 4 in it and this year it could be the same.
    Rhoscolyn is 9lb higher
    Escobar's is 4lb higher
    Shelir is 8lb higher but
    ORBAAN who mightn't get in, is 13lb lower.
    Jamie Spencer rode him last year and it got hampered and was the eyecatcher.
    I've took the risk because betfair are 50/1 and got boosted to 55s.
    The other one I've done is
    YOUNG FIRE 33/1 another O'meara one that's been running well.
    So that's 4 I've done 3 of them O'mearas.

OUZO 33/1
    BLUE FOR YOU 25/1
    ORBAAN 50/1
    YOUNG FIRE 33/1

That will do for me.
    Just hope the draw is kind.
    Nice to see ORBAAN get in drawn 1.which is interesting as hes usually held up.
    Could be interesting.
    Ouzo and blue for you and young fire all drawn well.
    Tudhope rides Blue for you
    Favourite drawn in 3 which is the plum draw on stats I think.

Rhoscolyn is 9lb higher but runs off the same mark as last year as it was a 3yr old and
    Harry Davies claims 5lb.
    Stewards cup saturday.

SUMMERGHAND 12/1 one of my favourite sprinters and has to be on the short list off a mark of 100. 5th in the wokingham off 101.
    Holding off for now and wait for extra places.only 4 places atm.
    So far it's going well.
    Fresh winning the international
    Ouzo 4th in the golden mile
    Just need whenthedealingsdone to get a place.

The golden mile was a dream come true.
    1st 2nd and 4th.

I really thought ORBAAN wouldnt get in but that's got to be the biggest plot ever.