View RSS Feed

Marb

Eclipse day 2022 racing at Sandown and Haydock preview

Rate this Entry
There's cut in the ground at Haydock and it could stay that way for Saturday.

Sandown

1.50 - This looks an open Group 3 and various cases could be made for several horses. The one I have just sided with on the basis of the possible improvement trajectory is Nymphadora.

She won early on as a two year old in a listed race but didn't really do a great deal on the track since then. She's had just the two starts this season.

The improvement from her first run to second run at Royal Ascot was substantial. She was second in a valuable showcase handicap against a real big improver or 'job horse' as I think some would put it. While she needs to improve again, I feel there's every chance she will do so.

2.25 Tahitian Prince never did much as a two or three year old, but after being gelded he really showed his true worth as a four year old, winning four races last season from seven starts.

He has only been on the track a couple of times this season, not running his best races, but Richard Hannon has given him a nice break of about six weeks so at double figure odds off an exploitable handicap mark in the high 80's I will give Tahitian Prince another chance.

3.00 Heredia Heredia Heredia! She brings top class handicap form to the table. I will be backing her at odds against.

3.35 I am happy to take on the field with Alenquer. I reckon it will take a very good one to beat him. He's actually value odds at 7/1 or thereabouts.

Haydock

2.05 The Mark Prescott horse Sea King at the top of the handicap is interesting but I'll take a chance Percy Jones will go close. He ran respectably in second place the last day and must be showing Hughie Morrison something good at home to step him up in class like this. I feel he'll run well.

2.40 I've followed Euro in with Stay Alert. She has excellent form. I like the fact she has won on ground with cut in it.

3.15 Gaassee I backed the last day but not for me at the likely price. I am taking a chance that Alan King has Inchicore (E/W) in some good form. I think she missed the cut in one of the handicaps at Royal Ascot. She's the type I can see Alan King doing well with and an insult of a price at 16/1. I can't not back her at these odds.

Fingers crossed and good luck all for Saturday.

Updated 1st July 2022 at 10:18 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments