View RSS Feed

Outsider

Saturday again

Rate this Entry
Am I mad or should it be I Am Mad?
Northumberland plate tomorrow and my 4 against the field are an eight yr old, a 9yr old and 2 ten yr olds.

The two ten yr olds seem still capable of running big races.
SIR CHAVELIN finished last last year but his run at Newcastle earlier in the season,the a/w finals marathon,a stakes race saw him given too much to do.but he will be better off at the weights with onesmoothoperator and rainbow dreamer.i had a small bet at 33s.
WHO DARES WINS won this race before and is very well hcapped
In the Newcastle race I mentioned,Nate the great was in the mix that day,all within a couple of pounds and although it was a couple of years ago nate the great beat Who dares wins but was getting 15lb so at these weights with a 3lb claimer on looks extremely well hcapped.ive took 40/1 7 places.
The two I did a/p were RAINBOW dreamer 14s and Island brave 25s.

WISE EAGLE 14/1 255 would be a good pointer to the chances of some of the above as he wasnt beat far in that Newcastle race.

SIR RUMI 430W 5/1 never got any sort of run in the Duke of Edinburgh at ascot.
STRIKE RED 150Nc 7/2 been disappointing but is getting closer.
GIOIA CIECA 438Nc 28/1 worth a go at the price on his 4th to Boardman at haydock but has finished 22nd and 24th in two top hcaps since.
ANGELS LANDING 600D 9/1 hasnt progressed since I put it in my alerts.drops down 2f which could help.
MANCINI 230c 14/1 hasnt won for a long time but could lead all the way.PENDING APPEAL 730D 7/4 about time it won.

Good luck.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Remembering the incredibly unlikely winner last, also trained by Jim Goldie (Nicholas T!), perhaps Sir Chauvelin is not such a forlorn hope, mate.

I've got my eye on Annandale in the 2,55, who, lto, was given, what I considered at the time, an absolute non-ride: you know, the kind that leaves you fuming.

Well, how could I not back it today at 33's?

Mondammej - Newc 2.25

Might be considered a rogue by some but 33/1 looks too big if he puts his best foot forward.

Interesting that, after a troubled passage in his last race at Epsom, they upped Solent Gateway markedly in distance. (3.30).

I see that trainer Palmer also has Rajinsky, third last year, going in this. Solent sits on bottom weight. Palmer must know the time of day with this race and Solent looks like a 'dark 'un' to me.

So, an interest but not a day to go mad with stakes, is it, mate?

Good luck.
    Well Yorick the only return today was from following you on Solent Gateway.
    I think I would be better off with a pin after that embarrassing effort at picking a winner.

Here's 3 to cross off for the 310 curragh tomorrow.
    ALLIGATOR ALLEY 8/1
    URBAN BEAT 20/1
    DREAM TODAY 33/1