View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Newmarket - 1

Rate this Entry
I started this blog earlier in the year with - “ I’m not a great fan of this time of the year. There are too many strange results at the fag end of the jumping season as many a fancied runner has already called it a day and is just out for an afternoon stroll. Add to those the disappointments who suddenly realise they’ve got to earn a bit of corn to keep themselves in comfort for another year and you can really throw your formbook out of the window.”

Now here we are at the fag end of the flat and I’m no fan of this time of year either! For the same reasons.

Nonetheless, three trackers turned up for today which are of interest.

Dawn of Liberation 1:00

Looked classy in debut at Newbury, then ran well into second at York.

Max Vega 3:20

Met plenty of trouble in the Ebor at York where he was a fast finishing fifth. Without the interference he would have competed.

Babindi 5:05

Poor old Babindi. Stopped in her tracks in her opener and should have been awarded the race by all accounts. Then touched off by a nose in her second. Next came a lousy ride by Hayley Turner who got her trapped on the inside and then had the weakening leader cut across and check her where it mattered. Won the next and then a decent second last time.

Only play money, though.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments