View RSS Feed

Marb

Ante-Post Thread.

Rate this Entry
I haven't posted on my blog for a while...here goes.

Great Ambassador runs in the 3.15 at York on Sunday, which is a listed race. I'm not sure how that will affect his chance for the Ayr Gold Cup in terms of his rating and possible weight for Ayr?

Coincidently, the horse who was fourth the last day behind Great Ambassador, called First Folio, runs half an hour or so before off the top weight in a six furlong handicap at York.

All things considered I just wonder if First Folio will make anti post odds of 20/1 for the Ayr Gold Cup look too big after his run this Sunday?

He's an improving sort who has paid his way thus far since moving to new trainer James Ferguson yard after he was gelded.

He reportedly ran poorly in the stewards cup on very soft ground so with all his best form on good or firmer I think connections probably gave an honest answer for the poor showing at Goodwood.

He could put himself right in the Ayr Gold Cup picture this Sunday if he can score off the top weight.

The horse he beat when giving 7lb in weight at York, called Blackrod, has franked the form nicely since when winning two decent handicaps on the bounce.

So hence both of these races concerning the aforementioned Great Ambassador and First Folio are of interest this Sunday.

As I've mentioned James Ferguson, I should note down that after looking at the Ceserewitch I'm really taken by his progressive and consistent improver Snowalot.

He's kept improving on turf, now on a mark of 85, (which will more than likely make the cut comfortably for the ceserewitch, judged on recent renewals). He's my early recommendation for the race.

Updated 3rd September 2021 at 2:23 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments