View RSS Feed

Marb

York Ebor meeting 2021

Rate this Entry
I was just looking at the entries for the Ebor.

Live Your Dream is anti post favorite after his last win at Newmarket, over Global Storm (2nd), and previous Royal Ascot winner Amtiyaz (3rd).

I think it's interestimg Live Your Dream was subsequently raised 7lb in the handicap to a mark of 101, where as Global Storm back in second, who was giving Live Your Dream 6lb in weight this day, was only raised 4lb, meaning he'll be three pound better off for the 3/4 length beating he received by Live Your Dream at Newmarket.

I don't think a three pound pull at the weights can be underestimated in a race like this, and while they're both improving types, I thought at double the odds, given he's a lot more racing experience than Live Your Dream on turf, that if I had a spare grand, I might take the 16s or 20s on Global Storm each way at this relatively early stage.

Also, Live Your Dream is entered in the Group three race the Lonsdale Cup the day before the Ebor, so anti-post backers be careful.

Amtiyaz is entered on Shergar Cup weekend this Saturday so it'll be interesting to see if he can frank the form of that Newmarket race.

Updated 3rd August 2021 at 6:03 PM by Marb

Tags: york ebor Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments