View RSS Feed

Marb

Derby Meeting 2021

Rate this Entry
I've been to the Derby three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2016. Galileo was definately the best winner I saw in the flesh. I'd have love to have gone this year.

On the Saturday, in the 3 year old handicap, Patient Dream (Saturday 2.00) is the horse I'm liking the look of. He improved markedly from his gelding operation, when winning first time out.

The form looks top class as the second and third horses look very good progressive three year olds who have won other races since.

The fourth horse trained by O Meara is actually entered at Ayr this Wednesday called T J Eckleburg if anyone's interested, it'd be no surprise to see him frank the form based on how the others have done since.

Patient Dream looks a good one to back in the race.

In the Dash, I was on the Tim Easterby trained Sunday Sovereign (Saturday 3.45), last week. He out ran the odds in a big way showing plenty of early dash.

He was with Paddy Tworney in Ireland as a youngster where he was rated 108 at one stage. Horses like him don't get rated 108 and go off favorite for group races like the Norfolk at Royal Ascot for no reason. He might just be better after being gelded too.

This was a really good run last Saturday and only gets him a 3lb rise now on 98, which is about right. He looked a big powerful type who eats up the ground, which I think is the type of horse you want for this race.

I can't guarantee he will win but I reckon he's every chance of going close and placing at a minimum.

Updated 2nd June 2021 at 7:18 PM by Marb

Tags: epsom derby Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments