View RSS Feed

Marb

The 2021 Grand National anti post fancy

Rate this Entry
I've total respect for Cloth Cap.

Although I'm drawn to trying to find a big priced horse who may out run its odds.

I reckon Pym actually fits the profile nicely. He's lightly raced over fences, so not the battle hardened handicapper that some may want for this race of attrition.

However, in those eight races over fences, he won three of those. His first two wins at the start of the 2019/20 season were very interesting ones.

He won first time out at Ascot, noted as "jumping really well" by the racing post, then next time he hammered Imperial Aura eight lengths off level weights, when again he was noted as jumping very well.

Maybe these small details on his excellent jumping are helpful for a race like the Grand National.

He lost his form a bit subsequently, being pulled up twice, but came back to some fair form in the intermediate chase at Sandown this season, first time out, when again he was noted as jumping really well.

He finished down the field recently in the Ultima, but overall, I think he's good on his day, fairly enough handicapped on 153, and having never fallen over fences, I like his profile for each way betting purposes.

What is he now? 50s or 66s in a place, some firms NRNB. I'll be having a go at those odds in the not to distance future.

Updated 22nd March 2021 at 12:40 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments