View RSS Feed

Marb

Champions Day at Ascot

Rate this Entry
1.20 Stradavarius a worthy favorite but if ever he was vulnerable it might after a tilt at the Arc. If he can bounce back fair play to connections, but there is a freak in the field, and that freak is Sovereign. This one mullered our 2019 Derby winner in last seasons Irish Derby at the Curragh. Aidan O Brien said the horse was always talented but for whatever reason had not shown this on the racetrack. I've a feeling that this Saturday could be a day where Sovereign will put its best foot forward at a good each price.

1.55 An open race where I feel Paddy Tworneys filly, Sonaiyla is improving now at rate of knots. I looked at the form of all of them. Only a length behind Glass Slippers the last day when keeping on in the finish, she could attract market support nearer the time. My conclusion is that this filly can run into a place.

2.30 After Frankly Darling won at Royal Ascot I was convinced she was a very good horse. She went in to the oaks a live hope against a superstar horse in Love, but even as Love won easily, I still don't think Frankly Darling ran her best race that day. She probably didn't the last day either. However, Frankly Darling looked a big strong horse at this track in June so she might come alive again back at this place, at a good price as well!

3.40 Skalleti is a French raider who looks a bit overpriced in this event. I seem to think she's a very good horse and that the trainer hasn't brought her over to England for no reason. They must think she has a chance. This horse beat Sottsass in August which now looks like pretty decent form.

4.15 I mentioned Revich a few weeks ago on the forum, as a horse improving since the visors were applied. Whether he is in the right class here against very classy opponents, and horses who are probably ahead of the handicapper, only god knows, but as second reserve, if Revich manages to get a run, I reckon he will surprise a few people. See what happens.

Updated 16th October 2020 at 11:03 AM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments