View RSS Feed

Marb

Royal Ascot Friday. Selections.

Rate this Entry
I haven't been in the best of form so far this week. Everytime I have had a shortlist I seem to go for the wrong one. Anyways. I've a few angles for Friday.

1.15 Mighty Spirit has good form in big fields especially with cut in the ground. She races first time in a handicap looking well handicapped on a mark of 90. I am sure Richard Fahey would love a winner at this meeting as would this fillies owner.

1.50 Mahale is a positive in the early markets. It will interesting to see if this continues to racetime. Mick Channon has had one or two good fillies at sprint distances over the years. Overall, seems like an open race and this filly will be open to plenty of improvement.

2.25 Golden Pal comes over from America. I reckon trainer Wesley Ward hasn't brought this over without knowing it has a good chance. I will back this and take the chance Wesley Ward can get on the scoreboard. I have backed a few of his previous winners at this meeting throughout the years. I've a feeling this could be the first of his winners tomorrow.

3.00 Hamish (NAP) really impressed me last season when winning two major handicaps at York. He proved well above his ratimg on those occasions and I reckon he will be competative now stepping up in class. I hope he continues his progress and win like a nap should!

3.35 Another open race but I will take the Wesley Ward runner ridden by Frankie Dettori called Kimari. If in doubt....back the Wesley Ward sprinter and Frankie Dettori...sometimes you have to back your hunch.

4.10 Born With Pride is obviously thought of as high class. William Haggas should have the horse a hell of a lot more ready than the last day. A worthy favourite here. He should go very close to winning.

4.40 James Given train Indianapolis. He ticks a lot of boxes and has the right type of profile for a handicap lile this. He is positive in the betting and can run a massive race for a trainer who does know how to ready one for big handicap. He has done this quietly for many years.

Good luck...(whether you are following mine or doing your ownl.

Updated 18th June 2020 at 9:27 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments