View RSS Feed

Marb

Irish 2000 Guineas meeting at the Curragh.

Rate this Entry
I have been looking at Friday evenings cards which is on ITV4.

There are some top races taking place in Ireland.

My early thoughts as follows. In no particular order!

Joseph O Brien teams up with owner JP Mcmanus with (5:40) Music To My Ears in the valuable handicap. He could have plenty in hand of the handicapper. He should be starting a single figure price. I think he can win.

Joseph O Brien can also take the Group Three with Choice Of Mine. (6:10) He is 6/1 on the early show which looks about the right price.

I will take a chance on Sinawann (6:40) in the Irish Guineas at 12's. I have no idea how good Siskin will turn out to be and I also found it hard to tell who was the best of Aidan O Briens and Ballydoyle's.

In these situations I usually look completely elsewhere for the likely winner. Sinawaan seems a reasonable price for an each way bet. He gets a tentative vote.

In the Irish Cambridgeshire it seems to me that Colin Keane is on the worthy favourite in the shape of (7:15) Current Option. It's a big night for the aforementioned Joseph O Brien, who has a worthy second favourite in the form of Patrick Sarsfield. . He is first reserve at the bottom of the handicap. He will surely be improving and considerably better than what he is rated. He has also had a gelding operation.

Finally, it's a measure of the class of Ballydoyle that bookmakers William Hill have the Dermot Weld trained Search For A Song (7:45) as only 4/1 third favourite for the group two Mooresbridge Stakes. He beat Kew Gardens in the Irish St Leger who franked the form in a major way. All in all Search For A Song looks a great price at 4/1 on the early show.

What a treat of racing it is for anyone luckily enough to go to the Curragh.

Updated 12th June 2020 at 7:02 AM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments