View RSS Feed

Marb

Marble's flat horses to follow in 2020

Rate this Entry
I have pasted in from various posts on this forum. I will update to add more in due course.

1. Breathtaking Look is a mare I am very keen on seeing again. She improved 20lbs + on her original rating by the end of 2019. The highlight was beating good opposition in the Group 3 Sceptre Stakes at Doncaster when making all which is her customary way of running.

I am happy to put a line through her following all weather defeat. I feel she will prove her Doncaster win was no fluke.

Stuart Williams has a very exciting prospect to look forward to. A fast mile in a Group 3 around a track like Epsom in a race like the Queen Elizabeth Stakes at the Derby meeting for older fillies and mares would be absoloutely perfect.

She has an entry in the Group Three Abernant Stakes at Newmarket on Friday June 5th.

2. A lot of activity in the anti-post market for the Derby.

Waldkonig really caught my eye at Wolverhampton.

Mogul is shortening by the day.

Highest Ground for Michael Stoute is shortening too.

Pinatubo is easy enough to back at 8's with more support for the unbeaten Saeed Bin Suroor trained Millitary March.

Kameko and Al Aasy will have their followers.

I guess at 25's Highest Ground must be the value selection at present in what is a guessing game as to how they'll have improved over the winter.

Whatever wins this years derby will be going in there unbeaten too. That's my feeling.

On that basis I can't have Mogul, Innisfree, Kameko or Al Aasy.

I've no doubt they'll all improve loads from last season but I'd favour Waldkonig, Millitary March or Highest Ground as their form is more fashionable with them all unbeaten thus far.

So its Highest Ground for myself, especially with the current betting market trajectory which will have him starting much shorter than 25/1 on the day.

3. Roger Fell had the first winner of the season at Newcastle and his Global Spirit looks sure to improve this season on his rating which is currently in the high 70's. He ran a respectable race when just pipped for third place at Newcastle today on the all-weather and is one to keep on side this summer especially when he races back on turf.

4. Owner John Dance has a nice filly to look forward to in the shape of Hareem Queen. She has progressed through the handicaps and improved at a rapid rate since the end of last year. I reckon she still has a lot of improvement to come. She kicks off on Saturday in the group three palace house stakes at Newmarket which is 2000 Guineas day. The current 12/1 looks tempting.

5. Troubadour is trained by Michael Dods and had a fantastic two year old campaign last year. He progressed through the handicaps nicely. He then finished second innthe big two year old race at York. He gave the third horse Rose Of Kildare six pounds that day and Rose Of Kildare has really franked the form of that race well by winning two group three's on the bounce. Troubadour's final run last year was when second to an ex Richard Fahey horse who has now moved to Joseph O Brien called (6) Summer Sands when giving him weight. This Summer Sands also looks a horse to follow in Ireland this season as he won quite handsomely against an in form Troubadour.

7. Howzer Black won well enough first time out today at Haydock. I fancied him several times in 2019. He dissapointed but is on an exploitable mark now for 2020 if you assume they have found the key to him which I am. I fancy him to step up in class to win more races this season.

8. Nazeef is a filly who seems to be rapidly improving having won a listed contest at Kempton recently. She will be very hard to beat this Tuesday at Royal Ascot. She is currently a 3/1 chance for that.

9. Arnold is a horse who was hit and miss last season doing the odd placed run, but he couldn't really build on his two wins in 2018 at Beverley. His first run back this season was when fifth of twelve the last day. Given he ran freely and hung right it was an eyecatching effort.

He has been given a break by the handicapper on a mark of 54, compared to a high of 64 a season or two ago. He's actually handicapped to go very close to winning with Joe Fanning booked to ride. The 14/1 is a fair each way price. I could see him shortening.

Edit - He finished third here at 16/1 so would be very interest over an extra furlong at Redcar on Monday.

10. Strawberry Jack another well handicapped horse for a small trainer. He ran a good third the last day and should be primed to win next time out.

Updated 23rd July 2020 at 3:32 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments